One thing that I enjoy about living in Florida is that we have access to fresh seafood whenever we want it. While certain items come and go with the seasons, it is still a major convenience to have fresh food to make an everyday recipe stand out. My husband has a crab trap that he keeps stocked with bait that hangs out at the end of our dock underwater. Every so often he heads outside to pull up the trap and see what is inside. If he is particularly lucky, he will have a few blue crabs to use in our meals. Sometimes there isn’t enough for a full dish, so we most frequently use the crab in hot appetizers like this Hot Crab Dip with mayonnaise. It’s the perfect party appetizer, and it will surely be a hit at our Christmas dinner.
My husband flash-boils the crab with cajun seasoning, but don’t worry about it if you don’t have access to a dock with a supply of blue crabs. You can still use this recipe with shelled lump crab meat that is readily available in the seafood department. The other major ingredient? Mayonnaise.
The best part about this dip is that you can add your favorite cheeses, hot sauces, or condiments. We like garlic, hot sauce, pepper jack cheese, and the KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise of course. For an easy and cheesy dip, here’s the recipe.
- 1 pound of blue crab meat, free of shells
- 1 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- a pinch of cajun seasoning (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a small baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 815mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 26g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Serve warm so that the cheese will be ooey and gooey like the photo above. It is best with crackers, but I wouldn’t turn down dipping a stalk of celery in this!
Have you tried crab dip before? Do you have a “go to” party dip that you like to make?
Easy Appetizer Ideas:
- A Beginner’s Guide To Urban Gardening: How To Find The Top Equipment - September 15, 2021
- 7 Hacks To Enjoy A Luxurious Vacation In Miami - September 15, 2021
- Figuring Out What Your Loved Ones Really Want For Christmas - September 14, 2021