I promised myself that I would start eating a tad healthier and fit in exercise in my daily routine. I recently bought a pair of sneakers, I have an UP by Jawbone in the mail, and I ordered some yoga pants. Clearly, I’m ready for fitness. I know it takes more than a pair of shoes and a fancy pedometer to lose weight, but my mind is heading in the right direction. I’ve been buying more vegetables and experimenting with different ways to prepare my food. Since I work at home, it should be easy to cook all my meals and watch what I put in my body…right?
Well, it is time consuming. Sometimes I forget to pull myself away for a break or to even prepare lunch at a reasonable hour. This week marks change though. I made quite possibly the most delicious salad. It was full of texture, crunch, and my new favorite cheese.
If you want to make this even healthier, feel free to omit the bacon bits or bake the chicken. You can even skip the cheese…though that’s the best part!
At the Food and Wine Conference in Orlando, we received a few coupons to try Cabot cheeses. We even sampled a few varieties during one of my breaks. I have to admit that I haven’t really purchased their products before. While I may own a cheese grater, I can’t tell you the last time I’ve used it. I fell in love with this farmhouse reserve aged cheddar cheese at the conference, and I purchased it immediately when I got home. It is my new favorite. It’s even better on this salad!
Now that I’ve been shredding cheese like crazy, I don’t know if I could go back to buying pre-packaged shredded cheese. This just has so much flavor and creates a much better dish. I’m probably the last person on the world to shred cheese on their salad, but now I’m hooked.
This was ready in just under twenty minutes, and it includes all my favorite salad toppings.
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp bacon bits
- 1 tbsp Craisins
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Aged Cheddar Cheese
- Pour olive oil into skillet on medium heat. Add chicken tenderloins and season with rosemary and garlic. Cook until done and lightly browned on each side.
- Prepare salad with spinach, Craisins, tomatoes, and bacon bits.
- Add chicken.
- Top with shredded cheese as desired.
- Use an onion vinaigrette as dressing like this one by Kraft.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- While this recipe makes 1 salad, there will be extra chicken. I saved this for next time!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 617Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 207mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 77g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I used an onion vinaigrette, but you can use anything to spice up this salad. Ranch would be a good option and so would oil and vinegar.
What do you like to put in your salads?
Quick Salad Recipes:
- 6 Important Things To Consider Before Choosing A Doctor - January 28, 2023
- Most Relaxing Destinations You Must Visit At Least Once - January 28, 2023
- Get A Good Night’s Sleep With These Advice - January 28, 2023