This post was sponsored by NAKANO® Rice Vinegars as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Our household was already a big fan of NAKANO® and their variety of rice vinegar so we jumped at the chance to share one of our favorite recipes which utilized their brand of seasoned vinegar to create a healthy, Asian-inspired cucumber salad that is both good for you and bursting with flavor.
NAKANO is made using just four all-natural ingredients and contains no artificial preservatives, no high-fructose corn syrups. It has just 20 calories per serving. Just a splash of any of the NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegars is a savory, low-calorie alternative to high-fat dressings, marinades, oils or butter.
So if one of your goals for the new year is to eat fresher, healthier meals with less artificial ingredients and no preservatives, this cucumber salad is perfect. It can be served as an appetizer to your favorite Asian cuisine or stir fry, or top it off with some seared ahi tuna to create a main course that will touch every one of your taste buds.Print
A simple and refreshing cucumber salad!
- 4 large cucumbers
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Peel cucumbers and slice into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, mix cucumber, sprouts, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper. Toss together.
- In a large mason jar or another airtight container, place salad and fill jar or container with vinegar, oil, and soy sauce. Seal jar.
- Marinate for 24 to 48 hours. The recipe makes four to six servings.
The best part is, the longer the salad is allowed to “pickle” the more the cucumbers and sprouts will absorb the flavors. Try it with some of NAKANO’s other flavored vinegar like citrus, roasted garlic or mango.
Click here for a coupon to try NAKANO Rice Vinegar‘s seven delicious and tangy varieties out for yourself.
Do you use rice vinegar in your cooking?
Control the Christmas Chaos!
Get organized for the holidays with this printable Christmas planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- lake + loft dream.plan.do planner review - December 15, 2018
- Christmas at Disney World: Grand Floridian Resort Gingerbread House - December 15, 2018
- Christmas Bricktacular at LEGOLAND Florida - December 14, 2018