This post was sponsored by Eat Smart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
Salads are easy to make for lunch, but they can be time consuming if you like yours loaded up with healthy ingredients. I like to prepare lunches for the week using salad kits that make it easy, and I marinade protein in a variety of spices for an extra kick! My salad combinations are the highlight of my week! Sometimes it’s salmon and spinach or steak on romaine. For this week’s easy lunch salad, I used Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits paired with a creamy dressing and cilantro shrimp.
Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits come in five flavors including high-quality ingredients with flavorful dressings and vinaigrettes. Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits can be turned into appetizers, entrées, side dishes, and much more. It’s easy to meal plan when you know you already have a flavorful (and healthy!) side dish or complement to your main dinner entrée. Use the store locator to find out where you purchase your favorite flavors.
To create your own unique salad dish, combine your favorite healthy toppings and select a theme. For my recipe today, I wanted to use cilantro shrimp atop a bed of kale, broccoli, cabbage, chicory and roasted sunflower seeds. I also added in a few other toppings like cheddar cheese, tortilla strips (or you could use croutons!), and corn.
To prepare your dish, marinade one pound of shrimp in two tablespoons of olive oil and homemade taco seasoning. Make your own seasoning with chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, and salt and pepper. I also toss in fresh cilantro for extra flavor.
Once your shrimp have marinaded for about an hour in the fridge, you can use a skillet set to medium to quickly your shrimp until opaque. Prepare your salad by using Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits.
Southwestern Kale Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 ts. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Eat Smart Vegetable Gourmet Salad Kit (try Sunflower Kale)
- Marinade shrimp in chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, cilantro, and olive oil.
- After an hour, toss shrimp in a medium skillet and cook until opaque.
- Serve atop an Eat Smart Vegetable Gourmet Salad Kit or your favorite combination of greens.
- For extra toppings, try shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla strips or croutons, corn, and sunflower seeds.
Like Eat Smart on Facebook and sign up for their monthly e-newsletter via the contest! Enter to win Ten (10) AMEX Gift Cards at $50 each and samples of all five Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits (for a total of five salads).
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes (10)
What are your favorite salad toppings?
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Why It’s Different This Time… Technology and Wellness - February 22, 2018
- Are you Ready for SOLO: A Star Wars Story? #HanSolo - February 20, 2018
- 14 Fruity Pebbles Recipes: Enjoy Cereal for Dessert! - February 18, 2018