This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway, Inc.. All opinions are 100% mine.
Salads are always my go to lunch idea, but lately I’ve been making heartier salads for dinner too. Whether it’s a shrimp caesar salad or a steak and blue cheese combination, I have been experimenting with dressings and toppings to create a unique dinner salad at least once a week. When I saw that Hidden ValleyⓇ had a new Sweet Chili dressing at Safeway, I had to incorporate it into a salad dinner as soon as possible! You can count on Safeway for great prices and NEW products down every aisle.
To make a steak fajita salad with a kick, you only need a few ingredients for this spicy dish. I love Mexican food in all forms, but steak on a salad is a treat. I usually order steak salads at restaurants, and I had yet to make one at home.
It’s an easy recipe that can be made in a hurry and customized to your tastes. Add extra spice or keep it simple with healthy salad toppings.
- 1 pound of sliced fajita beef
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup of shredded cheese, mozzarella is my favorite
- 4 cups of romaine lettuce
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- Hidden Valley? Sweet Chili Dressing
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and add beef. Season with cumin, garlic, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Cook until desired doneness.
- Add romaine lettuce to a salad bowl.
- Top with shredded cheese, sliced tomatoes, and beef strips.
- Toss with Hidden Valley Sweet Chili salad dressing.
The dressing added a sweet and spicy flavor that complemented the meat perfectly. The dressing could also be used on many other dishes too. It would be great with chicken tenders in place of your favorite sweet and sour sauce or even on top of a chili shrimp salad!
Need other ideas for new ingredients in your favorite recipes?
What is your favorite kind of salad or salad dressing?
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 50 Valentine’s Day Desserts and Drinks: Sweet Treats to Share - January 20, 2019
- Last Minute Date Ideas: Free Date Nights - January 14, 2019
- Gluten Free Sandwich Charcuterie Board - January 14, 2019