Chocolate, frosting, and sugar cookies… let’s go!
How do you like your desserts? Frosting sandwiched between two chocolate chip cookies sounds kind of amazing. Imagine enjoying this on a hot summer day before watching Fourth of July fireworks or at a birthday party celebrating by a cool pool.
To get started, you will prepare sugar cookies using pre-made dough. Time saver!
Once baked, you will gently press chocolate chips into the cookie.
Once they are cooled, you will use vanilla icing to begin making your cookie sandwich.
Roll the cookie through sprinkles making sure to cover the icing completely.
YUM! Pro tip: You can also use this method and replace frosting for ice cream. It’s a little messier, but it still is a fun dessert idea.
- 1 roll or container of Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 small bag of Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 container of Vanilla Icing
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- Preheat oven according to baking instructions on cookie dough.
- Roll into 1 inch balls (unless pre-cut) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Pull from oven and sprinkle mini chocolate chips on the top of each cookie and gently press into cookie.
- Bake an additional 2 - 5 minutes, until edges are golden.
- Let cool.
- Place a generous amount of vanilla icing on the bottom side of one cookie, and then sandwich together with another cookie on top.
- Finally roll the cookie through your sprinkles, making sure to cover all icing with sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
July 4th Desserts
- Fourth of July Cake in a jar recipe
- Fourth of July Fruit & Cake Push Pops
- Fourth of July Snack Mix Recipe
- Chocolate Wafer Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cotton Candy Vodka Cocktail: Ice Cream Cocktail Shake - July 30, 2020
- Birthday In Lockdown? These Tips Can Ensure Success! - July 27, 2020
- How to Make Skittles Vodka: Skittles Vodka Lemonade Cocktail Recipe - July 26, 2020