This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions expressed are my own.
We knew early on how important strawberries were to our local economy since I grew up in Tampa, Florida. A few minutes away from Plant City where some of the best strawberries are grown. Each year we celebrate with a huge Strawberry Festival, and schools are even closed so that you can have a day to enjoy the festival. Strawberries are a part of our culture and intertwined in our food and traditions. Since strawberries are in season, I look specifically for Fresh From Florida strawberries to enjoy in our smoothies, to snack on, and for easy and refreshing lunch ideas like this strawberry feta salad.
It is certainly a blessing to be able to enjoy fresh food grown so close. I find comfort knowing that I can actually visit the farms where my strawberries have come from, and I can find them easily in my grocery store. I like to buy in-season produce since the prices are usually more affordable, and I know that everything is fresh. Strawberries have long been my favorite fruit, and it is a versitile fruit that can add flavor to whatever dish you’re preparing.
Since I work from home, I look for simple salads and fresh ingredients to keep moving throughout the day. I recently challenged myself to eat two salads a day to make meal planning easier, and I knew that adding spinach and strawberries could combine into a unique salad with a lot of complementary flavors.
It was easy to find Fresh From Florida strawberries since they are now in season in Florida. Florida farmers certainly make it easy to eat fresh produce year-round, and I always look for food, produce, seafood, and strawberries with the Fresh From Florida label.
To make salad prep even easier, prepare oven roasted chicken ahead of time. I usually bake several chicken breasts to use over the next few days to make this step fast. Pile diced chicken on top of a pile of greens (I prefer spinach) along with feta cheese crumbles, sliced strawberries, and your favorite salad toppings. Sliced almonds are a good pairing or croutons if you want an extra crunch. Balsamic is a tasty dressing to try with this or another oil-based dressing. You could also just use oil and vinegar too.
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup of Fresh From Florida sliced strawberries
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds, optional
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (or your favorite salad dressing)
- Pile diced chicken on top of a pile of greens (I prefer spinach) along with feta cheese crumbles, sliced strawberries, and your favorite salad toppings.
- Sliced almonds are a good pairing or croutons if you want an extra crunch. Balsamic is a tasty dressing to try with this or another oil-based dressing. You could also just use oil and vinegar too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 262 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 363mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 9g Protein: 29g
What are your favorite ways to enjoy strawberries?
Salad Recipe Ideas
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Improve Your Home With Carpet And Curtain Cleaning - April 24, 2019
- 4 Ways of Attaining the Perfect Lawn for Your Family - April 23, 2019
- How to Stay Healthy This Summer - April 23, 2019