This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions expressed are my own.
We knew early on how important strawberries were to our local economy since I grew up in Tampa, Florida. A few minutes away from Plant City where some of the best strawberries are grown. Each year we celebrate with a huge Strawberry Festival, and schools are even closed so that you can have a day to enjoy the festival. Strawberries are a part of our culture and intertwined in our food and traditions. Since strawberries are in season, I look specifically for Fresh From Florida strawberries to enjoy in our smoothies, to snack on, and for easy and refreshing lunch ideas like this strawberry feta salad.
It is certainly a blessing to be able to enjoy fresh food grown so close. I find comfort knowing that I can actually visit the farms where my strawberries have come from, and I can find them easily in my grocery store. I like to buy in-season produce since the prices are usually more affordable, and I know that everything is fresh. Strawberries have long been my favorite fruit, and it is a versitile fruit that can add flavor to whatever dish you’re preparing.
Since I work from home, I look for simple salads and fresh ingredients to keep moving throughout the day. I recently challenged myself to eat two salads a day to make meal planning easier, and I knew that adding spinach and strawberries could combine into a unique salad with a lot of complementary flavors.
It was easy to find Fresh From Florida strawberries since they are now in season in Florida. Florida farmers certainly make it easy to eat fresh produce year-round, and I always look for food, produce, seafood, and strawberries with the Fresh From Florida label.
To make salad prep even easier, prepare oven roasted chicken ahead of time. I usually bake several chicken breasts to use over the next few days to make this step fast. Pile diced chicken on top of a pile of greens (I prefer spinach) along with feta cheese crumbles, sliced strawberries, and your favorite salad toppings. Sliced almonds are a good pairing or croutons if you want an extra crunch. Balsamic is a tasty dressing to try with this or another oil-based dressing. You could also just use oil and vinegar too.
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup of Fresh From Florida sliced strawberries
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds, optional
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (or your favorite salad dressing)
- Pile diced chicken on top of a pile of greens (I prefer spinach) along with feta cheese crumbles, sliced strawberries, and your favorite salad toppings.
- Sliced almonds are a good pairing or croutons if you want an extra crunch. Balsamic is a tasty dressing to try with this or another oil-based dressing. You could also just use oil and vinegar too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 29g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy strawberries? Pair it with this sweet strawberry no-bake cheesecake too!
Salad Recipe Ideas
- Planning To Sell Your Home Soon? Here Are The Important Steps You Need To Do First - April 22, 2021
- How To Get Back On Track After Suffering From An Injury - April 22, 2021
- Mistakes to Avoid When Waterproofing Your Basement - April 22, 2021