I was speaking to a friend recently who is sending her child to elementary school for the first time, and she was worried her kiddo may not enjoy a packed lunch. She’s picky.
I get it. Sometimes it can be hard to find something healthier and easy to make that our kids will truly enjoy. If you find yourself out of ideas, consider slicing and dicing up their favorites to make NEW lunch ideas. These sandwich kabobs are not just for kids; you might enjoy them as an adult too!
To get started with these colorful and simple kabobs, gather your ingredients. For this recipe idea, we used bread, ham, cheese cubes, cherry tomatoes, and romaine lettuce. Feel free to get creative and add other toppings or swap out the lunch meat. Maybe your child prefers pepperoni and mozzarella cheese and salami or turkey and swiss cheese.
Sandwich Kabob Supplies
Use a cute heart shaped cookie cutter to start your sandwich. You will want two bread pieces for each kabob. For our purposes, we made either hearts out of bread.
Add your sandwich ingredients to your kabob in this order- 1 piece of bread, lettuce, cherry tomato, ham, cheese cubes, followed by a final piece of bread.
A cute way to upgrade your boring sandwich!
- 4 slices of bread
- 8 slices of deli ham
- 8 small cheese cubes
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves, torn into 2-inch pieces
- Small heart or other fun shaped cookie cutter
- Kabob sticks
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out two fun shapes for each kabob (8 total).
- Add your sandwich ingredients to your kabob in this order- 1 piece of bread, lettuce, cherry tomato, ham, cheese cubes, followed by a final piece of bread.
Your child can even help make this with you, and you can prepare a batch in advance. Store them in the fridge for easy snacking and lunches throughout the week.
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Blizzard Beach at Walt Disney World: How to Plan Your First Trip - August 17, 2018
- Elena of Avalor Printables: The Realm of the Jaquins DVD - August 14, 2018
- Disney Pajamas For Kids: Disney Sleep Hotline - August 13, 2018