I was speaking to a friend recently who is sending her child to elementary school for the first time, and she was worried her kiddo may not enjoy a packed lunch. “She’s picky.” This cute and easy lunch idea for kids might save the day!
I get it. Sometimes it can be hard to find something healthier and easy to make that our kids will truly enjoy. If you find yourself out of ideas, consider slicing and dicing up their favorites to make NEW lunch ideas. These sandwich kabobs are not just for kids; you might enjoy them as an adult too!
To get started with these colorful and simple kabobs, gather your ingredients. For this recipe idea, we used bread, ham, cheese cubes, cherry tomatoes, and romaine lettuce. Feel free to get creative and add other toppings or swap out the lunch meat. Maybe your child prefers pepperoni and mozzarella cheese and salami or turkey and swiss cheese.
Sandwich Kabob Supplies
Use a cute heart shaped cookie cutter to start your sandwich. You will want two bread pieces for each kabob. For our purposes, we made either hearts out of bread.
Add your sandwich ingredients to your kabob in this order- 1 piece of bread, lettuce, cherry tomato, ham, cheese cubes, followed by a final piece of bread.
- 4 slices of bread
- 8 slices of deli ham
- 8 small cheese cubes
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves, torn into 2-inch pieces
- Small heart or other fun shaped cookie cutter
- Kabob sticks
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out two fun shapes for each kabob (8 total).
- Add your sandwich ingredients to your kabob in this order- 1 piece of bread, lettuce, cherry tomato, ham, cheese cubes, followed by a final piece of bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 1457mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 29g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Your child can even help make this with you, and you can prepare a batch in advance. Store them in the fridge for easy snacking and lunches throughout the week.
- Kid-Friendly Avocado Recipes | Chicken Avocado Wrap Recipe
- Creamy Avocado Drink: Agua Fresca de Aguacate
- Dollar Tree Candy: Dumbo Movie Snacks
- Types of Insurance Any Drug and Alcohol Rehab Facility Will Accept - November 24, 2021
- Stay Positive and Happy With These Useful Tips - November 24, 2021
- Improve The Look Or Style Of Your Home With These 6 Tips - November 24, 2021