There is one thing that can always cheer me up: a handwritten card. It is something that I value, and I have managed to keep in touch with friends throughout the years via snail mail. I used to send special birthday packages to my closest friends as a token of my appreciation, and now I realize that I can celebrate more often with fun holidays throughout the year. I am going to share with you a few ways to keep in touch with your friends and family along with a free birthday calendar to keep you organized!
How to Keep in Touch With Friends and Family
1. Let them know that you care! Remembering birthdays is a great way to stay in touch with old friends. Go beyond saying “Happy Birthday” on someone’s social media profile wall and offer an authentic message. Keep an address book updated so you never have to ask for their address before you send a sweet surprise! A card is just a card until it is given in the RIGHT moment. A few simple words can go a long way and mean everything to someone causing a greater impact than we realize.
2. Random Acts of Kindness. Whether you surprise a friend with a small gift or a membership to their favorite website, random acts of kindness can go a long way! Show someone you care with a gesture that is both thoughtful and useful. Or, work together with your friends to create a random acts of kindness campaign. August 1st is National Girlfriend’s Day and August 6th is Sisters Day and Friendship Day. So you can plan in advance to make someone’s day…randomly! Every moment, big or small, is worthy of a card. Consider it a “random act of CARDness!”
3. Write it down. Need help remembering special dates? Use a cute printable to display in your home office, on your refrigerator, or keep a digital copy on your desktop. Download this free birthday calendar to get started!
There are several ways to keep in touch with faraway friends now, but these are my favorite tips. One of my goals is to make a better effort at staying in touch with old friends and to create new memories with some of my favorite people. A card can go a long way.
How do you celebrate with friends?
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Red Carpet Beauty Must-Haves | Award Show Printables - February 20, 2019
- OREO Stuf Inside: Try New Flavors at Walmart - February 18, 2019
- Things To Consider When Going Back To Work After Having A Baby - February 18, 2019