My day to day schedule has totally transformed in the new year. Instead of rushing around from store to store and planning and photographing recipes all day long, things have certainly changed. I’m a bit more relaxed. I have more time to do the work that I love to do. And, I have more time to cook healthy snacks and meal plan. One way that I can add more vegetables to my daily routine includes a delicious (yet simple!) snack that needs just three ingredients.
All you need for this recipe is a half cup of grated zucchini, a cup of fresh parmesan cheese, and a bit of garlic salt. Google told me that a cup of parmesan cheese is about 400 calories, so since this recipe creates several crisps it’s a guilt-free indulgence. Just, you know, don’t eat the ENTIRE pan. 😉 It will be hard not to!
You will need a grater for this recipe, and you could use cheesecloth if you wanted to drain your zucchini. Silicone baking sheets are also a MUST HAVE! It’s the only way to make a perfect crisp.
- 1/2 C. grated zucchini - drained (I press my grated zucchini between paper towels but you could also use cheese cloth)
- 1 C. fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- garlic salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheets with silicone baking mats (I've tried making these by simply spraying the baking sheets and they stuck. BAD. They peel off like magic using the silicone baking sheets)
- Combine the shredded zucchini, parmesan and garlic salt.
- Use a small tablespoon to scoop the mixture onto your baking sheets, gently using your fingers to press down into thin rounds.
- Bake 9-10 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm. The crisps will firm up after they begin to cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 247 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 43mg Sodium: 973mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 20g
What’s your favorite busy day snack? You will like this Parmesan Spinach Rice Recipe too!