While summer is not quite here yet, the best kind of happy hour cocktail is refreshing, fizzy, and low calorie. Drinking can be fun, but those extra calories are nothing but trouble. One of my favorite low-calorie cocktail swaps is using LaCroix. This naturally sweetened beverage adds just the right about of bubbles and fruity flavor to an otherwise dull drink.
LaCroix recently released two flavors, Cherry Lime and Apple Berry. I knew that I already had berry vodka at home, so this was a match made in alcohol heaven. I found this variety of LaCroix at my local Super Target near the fancy water (not the soda aisle!). When I was doing my Whole 30, LaCroix was one of my sweet treats. Since it has no added sugar or sodium, it was a major win.
Strawberries are in season right now, so it was easy to pick up two pints at a low cost. It’s always nice to have them around. You never know what cocktail you’re going to need to garnish.
- 1-2 shots of Cupcake Very Berry Vodka
- 1 can of LaCroix Cúrate Pomme Bayá (apple berry)
- Fresh strawberries
- Add chilled vodka to tall cocktail glass with ice.
- Pour in the can of LaCroix.
- Add as many slices of fresh strawberries that you can!
- Stir. Drink. Repeat.
The recipe, if you can even call it that, is easy and affordable. My favorite drinks are those that require little ingredients, no fancy bar tools, and can be easily doubled or tripled for parties and events.
According to this press release, one serving of Cupcake Very Berry vodka is just 70 calories. This is the ultimate beer swap out drink for me. Some of my favorite ciders have over 200 calories a serving!
It just looks like the perfect summer drink, and it’s one I can enjoy while watching what I eat (and drink).
Do you like LaCroix? Have you ever made a cocktail with it?
[amazon-related-products keywords=”cocktail cookbooks”]
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Blizzard Beach at Walt Disney World: How to Plan Your First Trip - August 17, 2018
- Elena of Avalor Printables: The Realm of the Jaquins DVD - August 14, 2018
- Disney Pajamas For Kids: Disney Sleep Hotline - August 13, 2018