I’m kind of not sure how it is already June and summer is in full swing. The temperatures are quite warm here in Florida, and regular ol’ cocktails melt quickly outside. What doesn’t melt? Well, frozen drinks are a good start. Sure, they melt eventually, but at least they don’t turn into a watered down mess of juice and alcohol in ten minutes or less.
Love Cocktails? Sign up for the cocktail recipe ebook!
How to Make a Pina Colada
This classic pina colada recipe combines my two favorites–coconut and pineapple. I could eat pineapple all day, every day. Sometimes, I do. Which reminds me, I have the COOLEST pineapple corer that I found at Williams-Sonoma. I highly recommend one if you are going to enjoy fresh pineapples this summer.
It’s kind of amazing. Just imagine what you can do with it! Anyway, you can find it at Williams-Sonoma for under $20. Win.
But, back to the drink. This is sure to be a new Sunday pool party favorite, and the cool flavors are perfect for summer. While I’m planning a family vacation for next week, I have a few cocktail recipes and Florida posts to share on this blog. From frozen drinks to 4th of July crafts, get ready for a few fun entries to welcome summer.
Malibu Pina Colada Recipe
- 1/4 cup of crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- 3 oz of cream of coconut
- 2 oz of Malibu coconut rum
- 2 cups of ice
- Add ice, pineapple juice, crushed pineapple, and cream of coconut into a blender.
- Blend until it is smooth.
- Pour in the coconut rum and mix with a spoon.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple and cherries.
- Serve immediately. pour into your glass.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 5gSugar: 33gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Looking for a mocktail? Substitute an extra ounce of cream of coconut and skip the rum!
What’s your favorite summertime drink? I’m a big fan of the classics even though I like to experiment!
The Best Rum Cocktails
- Brewing Your Coffee Has Never Been Easier With The Help Of These Tips - May 8, 2021
- Senior Living: How to Help Your Parents Make the Right Choice - May 7, 2021
- Tips to Save Money While Couponing - May 6, 2021