To inspire you to upgrade your Halloween party, we whipped up a batch of cupcakes that are perfect for your next get together or classroom party. Googly eyes, frosting, and a delicious cupcake mix will have you ready to celebrate October 31st! Try these Halloween mummy cupcakes this year!
Make a Halloween party all the more festive with these cute mummy cupcakes! They’re perfect for your child’s Halloween party at school (or Scouts or even Youth Group) and are sure to be crowd-pleasers. These sweet chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting may be simple to make, but they’re far from basic!
Have your kids help you in the kitchen one day after school as a fun activity in and of itself. The only ingredient you probably don’t already have on hand is the candy googly eyes, which are easy to find in party supply and craft stores. Pick up a bag while you’re getting your tableware.
Whip up a batch of these frighteningly fun cupcakes, and skip the pre-made grocery store versions this year.
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- White icing of your choice
- Candy "eyes"
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with mixer in between each egg.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Alternate slowly adding milk and dry ingredients, beat well.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool before frosting.
- To frost mummy, use a flat shaped icing tip.
- Add icing to back of eyes to make sure they stick.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
Halloween Recipe Ideas:easy Halloween snack recipes too!
- How to Properly Train Your Yorkie - January 15, 2022
- Understanding the Benefits of Hiring a Professional Roofer - January 15, 2022
- Kayaking With Friends? Here Are A Few Things To Prepare - January 15, 2022