Kick off the new year with a healthier salad idea! This is awesome as a side dish or a quick lunch to take to work. Try this chickpea and feta salad for a delicious snack.
I love finding new ways to make a salad, and this chickpea salad features my FAVORITE (feta cheese!) and extra tomatoes. YUM. This is perfect to eat as a snack with warm pitas or as a mason jar lunch idea to take to work.
To get started, you will need a can of Chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, a red onion, feta cheese, olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, stone ground mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
Chickpea Salad Ingredients
In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
Chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and feta cheese into small pieces and put in a bowl.
Add the chickpeas and mix everything all together.
Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
Refrigerate for a few hours or eat right away. This is a delicious and easy salad for lunch or dinner.
- 15 oz. Can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Cucumbers
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 8 oz. Feta Cheese
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Stone Ground Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and feta cheese into small pieces and put in a bowl.
- Add the chickpeas and mix everything all together.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or eat right away. This is a delicious and easy summer salad for lunch or dinner.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 617Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 1052mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 10gSugar: 13gProtein: 20g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Need more salad inspiration? Try this grilled Mexican street corn salad or visit my salad recipe page for ideas.
- How to Make a Mojito: Peach Mojito Cocktail Recipe 🍑 - July 11, 2020
- Yummy Desserts Perfect for Summer - July 8, 2020
- How To Make The Most Of Your Next Holiday Adventure - July 7, 2020