It’s time to take control of your home and clean! Spring is for new beginnings and clean floors. Here’s how I am getting my home together for spring.
My Spring Cleaning Secret Weapon
Our home is all tile on the first floor, and we have two very large fuzzy dogs. Paired with an energetic five-year-old, our floors need extra attention. We have to mop more often than other families (I am SURE of it!), so I need something quick and easy to help keep our floors clean.
I found The Libman Company in the cleaning aisle of my favorite store, and The Wonder Mop caught my eye. Not only was the price right, but I LOVED that you can use this mop on all surfaces. PLUS, you can wash it up to fifty times! The Microfiber GRIPSTRIPS™ lift up to 20% more dirt, and there is a “power wringer” which lets you remove excess water from the mop head. This makes our tile dry faster…like I said, QUICK and easy to mop! It’s less of a chore now that I have discovered this tool.
When you have the right tools, cleaning can be easier and a part of your everyday routine. If you’re ready to prepare your home for spring, start with this spring cleaning checklist.
Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Start at the top of walls, dust where the wall meets the ceiling and get the corners good.
- Remove photos from walls, if possible, and wipe them down.
- Wipe the walls down before replacing photos.
- Wipe down ceiling fans.
- Wipe down wall and ceiling fixtures. Remove globes and wash in warm soapy water, if possible.
- Dust blinds or remove and wash with a water hose.
- Remove curtains and run through the washer or have dry cleaned.
- Clean windows.
- Wipe down window moldings.
- Wipe down baseboards.
- Pull furniture out from the wall and clean behind.
- Remove lampshades and take outside to dust off with a damp rag or a soft brush.
- Shake floor rugs and run through washer if possible.
- Vacuum carpets, use stain remover where necessary and then steam clean.
- Wipe down air vents with a damp cloth.
- Dust light bulbs, replace if necessary.
- Change heating/air filter.
- Change batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean and buff hardwood floors if necessary.
Want more checklists? Download the free spring cleaning printable planner!
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
The Libman Company has been around for 120 years. It is a family-owned company that offers brooms, brushes, mops, and cleaning tools.
So, are you ready to clean and get organized? Start off by buying the right tools. Libman can help you! Then, print out my checklists to help you stay on track. You’ll have a clean home in no time!
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Red Carpet Beauty Must-Haves | Award Show Printables - February 20, 2019
- OREO Stuf Inside: Try New Flavors at Walmart - February 18, 2019
- Things To Consider When Going Back To Work After Having A Baby - February 18, 2019