Are you ready to surprise your sweetie with homemade cookies? These sandwich cookies are easy to prepare and TASTE amazing!
There’s more than one way to make a sandwich cookie, and these pink frosted cookies with sprinkles might just become your new favorite way to celebrate February 14th.
Grab a round frosting tip, disposable piping bag, Valentine’s Day sprinkles, and a heart shaped cookie cutter.
Valentine’s Day Sandwich Cookies
Make sure you have a round frosting tip, disposable piping bag, Valentine’s Day sprinkles, and a heart-shaped cookie cutter to create these sandwich cookies!
- 1 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 3 C. flour
- strawberry frosting (I used strawberry)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, combine the softened butter. Whip until creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extra and egg, continue to mix.
- Sift in the 3 cups of flour and baking powder.
- The mixture will be stiff so use your hands to finish mixing, if needed.
- Divide the dough into 3-4 smaller batches.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4″ thick.
- Use the heart cookie cutters to cut out the heart shaped cookies, you will want a even amount of cookies to make the treats.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2″ a part.
- Place the cookies in the oven.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes and let cool completely.
- Attach the frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with strawberry frosting.
- Gently frost the edges of the bottom of a heart shaped cookie.
- Gently place another heart shaped cookie bottom side down on the frosting so it creates cookie sandwich.
- Poor the Valentine sprinkles into a small dish and gently press the sides the cookie sandwich into the Valentine sprinkles.
- Repeat with all the cookies.
Once your cookies are cooled, you can start stacking and frosting. This is where you can get creative.
Opt for Valentine’s Day sprinkles or switch out the colors for another seasonal treat. Consider green and yellow for St. Patrick’s Day, pink and blue for Easter, or red and blue for July 4th.
Need more Valentine’s Day Inspiration?
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Why It’s Different This Time… Technology and Wellness - February 22, 2018
- Are you Ready for SOLO: A Star Wars Story? #HanSolo - February 20, 2018
- 14 Fruity Pebbles Recipes: Enjoy Cereal for Dessert! - February 18, 2018