It’s not too late to stock up on Valentine’s Day candy and treats! Though, in an effort to serve more fruits and vegetables this year, we are probably skipping candy. I’ve skipped sweet treats all year, and I hope to continue to do so! I am instead indulging more on fresh fruits and vegetables or low-calorie snacks (lately I’ve been addicted to popcorn!). Since my son’s favorite fruit is watermelon, this easy Valentine’s Day inspired treat is on the menu!
All you need is half a watermelon and a heart shaped cookie cutter! Fun paper straws are a nice touch. I usually stock up on party supplies at Target or from Amazon (free two-day shipping is kind of amazing!).
I freeze them so that they’re a bit more firm and even more refreshing. Expect these to go fast at your next Valentine’s Day snack party!
- 1/2 a watermelon, cut into 2″ slices
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- candy sticks or fun valentine paper straws
- Using the cookie cutter, cut the watermelon slices into heart shapes as close together as possible so you can get as many as you can.
- Insert a candy stick or a paper straw into the base of each heart and place onto a cookie sheet. Repeat with all the hearts.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Remove and enjoy!
[amazon-related-products keywords=”fruit cookbooks”]
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Blizzard Beach at Walt Disney World: How to Plan Your First Trip - August 17, 2018
- Elena of Avalor Printables: The Realm of the Jaquins DVD - August 14, 2018
- Disney Pajamas For Kids: Disney Sleep Hotline - August 13, 2018