It’s not too late to stock up on Valentine’s Day candy and treats! Though, in an effort to serve more fruits and vegetables this year, we are probably skipping candy. I’ve skipped sweet treats all year, and I hope to continue to do so! I am instead indulging more on fresh fruits and vegetables or low-calorie snacks (lately I’ve been addicted to popcorn!). Since my son’s favorite fruit is watermelon, this easy Valentine’s Day inspired treat is on the menu!
All you need is half a watermelon and a heart shaped cookie cutter! Fun paper straws are a nice touch. I usually stock up on party supplies at Target or from Amazon (free two-day shipping is kind of amazing!).
I freeze them so that they’re a bit more firm and even more refreshing. Expect these to go fast at your next Valentine’s Day snack party!
- 1/2 a watermelon, cut into 2″ slices
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- candy sticks or fun valentine paper straws
- Using the cookie cutter, cut the watermelon slices into heart shapes as close together as possible so you can get as many as you can.
- Insert a candy stick or a paper straw into the base of each heart and place onto a cookie sheet. Repeat with all the hearts.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Remove and enjoy!
Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Sandwich Cookies
- Pink Hot Chocolate: A Sweet Cocoa Recipe For Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Day RumChata Cocktail Recipe: RumChata Cocktails
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 50 Valentine’s Day Desserts and Drinks: Sweet Treats to Share - January 20, 2019
- Last Minute Date Ideas: Free Date Nights - January 14, 2019
- Gluten Free Sandwich Charcuterie Board - January 14, 2019