Tomorrow is my little one’s holiday party for Valentine’s Day, and I just might be bringing a batch of these homemade treats to school! I just shared a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe (along with 100 other ideas for creative cookies!), and this recipe is certainly totally different than those! Combine cranberries, white chocolate, and pecans for an amazing oatmeal cookie!
I’ve been talking a LOT about food this year for Valentine’s Day. I realized that I don’t have ALL the time in the world to make creative crafts now that my day-to-day schedule has changed. I can however whip up a batch of cupcakes, cookies, or a cocktail to share! Sometimes the best gifts are edible, and these are no exception. Bake a batch, tie with ribbon or twine, and gift!
Flour and rolled oats combine with brown sugar, cranberries, white chocolate chips, and pecan for a yummy yet simple cookie dough.
Spoon big heaps of dough to your cookie sheet to enjoy the flavors of these jam-packed desserts!
- 1 cup & 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy. Add all the dry ingredients, and mix together by hand until well blended.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Cool on baking sheet or remove to cool on wire racks.
I had never made cookies like this before, and I was pleasantly surprised how the cranberries combined with the white chocolate! I never would have thought to try it before, but I thought that it would be a sweet way to make a unique cookie.