Sometimes the best date nights are the ones that don’t require any driving or major cooking. The last thing I want to do after a busy work week is to spend time in the kitchen or worry about finding the perfect outfit to wear for a night out. While I love getting fancy for drinks downtown, there is something calming and more romantic about spending time together at home. One simple way of planning a date night in? Grab a pPizza and get creative!
When I think about the past two years, some of my favorite nights were at home on our porch. Whether we were having a drink in the pool or watching a sunset from the deck, there is something comforting about being home with my husband.
Want to plan a budget-friendly date night in? Try these easy tips.
5 at home date night ideas
1. Create an inexpensive menu. Pizza just may be one of our favorite foods. With so many varieties, it’s easy to change up the menu or try new flavors. Pizza also pairs well with just about anything.
2. Take it outside. A change of scenery makes a regular ol’ Monday night meal feel fancier. Enjoy the warmer spring weather before it gets too hot. We sometimes get overrun with bugs later in the year, but for now, our evenings are enjoyable outdoors. After spending forty hours (or more!) cooped up in an office, I try to get outside on my nights and weekends as often as I can. Your dates can be taken outside too. 😉
3. No technology. Leave the cell phones inside…really. While I may have had my DSLR handy for this photo session, I assure you that no Instagram photos, Foursquare Check-Ins or Vines were created on this evening! Sometimes my husband and I have our phones connected to our hands at all times. Since we both work in industries that require us to be available and active online, we forget to disconnect. It is important to take the time to actually communicate with one another.
4. Serve a special drink. Whether it’s a sweet punch or a fruity sangria, considering pairing your meal with a beverage that complements your main course. Craft a signature cocktail, like this sunny citrus sangria, for a fun evening with good eats & cool drinks.
- 1 bottle of Moscato
- 2 cans of LaCroix Cúrate Pomme Bayá (apple berry)
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 oranges, sliced
- Fill pitcher with ice.
- Add moscato, LaCroix, and orange juice.
- Stir in sugar.
- Top with sliced oranges.
- This recipe filled a gallon pitcher.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 7gSugar: 47gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
The sweet Moscato wine paired perfectly with fresh Florida oranges. It was a nice and light cocktail for an evening outside.
5. Plan another date night in fast! One thing that my husband and I are working on is timing. With both of us working full time out of the home, it feels impossible to carve out time to have date nights–whether in or out! We actually have to open up a calendar and figure out who is working when, when we could ask our parents to babysit, and strategically plan a night just for us. While that might not sound romantic, at least there are small things we can do so that we can have impromptu date nights whenever we can fit one in. Grabbing a Tony’s Pizza on the fly with fresh fruit and wine is refreshing. The conversations and time spent together, sharing sangria and slices of pizza, is worthwhile.
Sangria Recipe Ideas
- Here are the Reasons Why You Should Write a Book - January 21, 2022
- Moving With Kids Isn’t Easy, But Let’s Make It Less Stressful - January 21, 2022
- Do You Have Varicose Veins? Here Are Some Treatment Options - January 18, 2022