I’ve been way too busy lately with work to do fun things on the weekend, so I was happy to enjoy two entire days doing things I love. Create cocktails, write, read a book, sit outside. It was kind of amazing. It was certainly what I needed to recharge after a busy January. I spent some of this time trying to find a new way to make an old favorite. Sangria!
There are so many varieties of sangria, and I find that the basic ones are best. I shared a few sangria recipes last year for Cinco de Mayo, but I wanted to tweak the Champagne recipe a bit. For Valentine’s Day I wanted something fruity with lots of RED! Strawberries are currently in season here in Florida, so I knew I had to top my beverage off with these fresh fruit.
I usually mix Sprite, Triple Sec, and sugar into whatever sangria I create. However, Target had a variety of fizzy juice beverages that I had never seen before! I bought two kinds: Peach Mango and Strawberry Raspberry.
I thought the peach fizz would be a great addition to champagne and fruit, and thus, the Strawberry Peach Champagne Sangria drink was born.
Strawberry Peach Champagne Sangria Recipe
- 2 bottles of sparkling wine or champagne (I always use Andre just because it's cheap)
- 2 cups of chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2-3 cans of Simply Balanced Sparkling Peach Mango (I used two cans at first, but added more as I stirred and got the balance perfect).
- Combine ingredients and let chill for at least two hours. Be creative and add your favorite fruits! I think pineapple would go nicely with this mix as well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
While one of my friends said it looks like Mountain Dew, I assure you it’s just the coloring of the glass! 🙂 Saturdays are meant for blue mason jars and paper straws!
Can never have enough fruit!
What’s your favorite type of sangria?
Sunny Sweet Days is a blog that shows a slice of my Florida life. I strive to share simple ways to host parties, decorate your home, and serve healthy and delicious cocktails and food recipes. This blog has been around since 2008, and it has become a place to document my life in graduate school, my wedding planning, and my first time becoming a mom. As a born and bred Florida girl, I also post travel and life articles about the Sunshine State. Subscribe and stay awhile, OK?
Need more cocktail inspiration?
Prickly Pear Margarita // Raspberry Acai Cocktail // Spiked Cherry Limeade // Mango Pineapple Punch
- 5 underground steps towards increasing your property’s worth and use - September 25, 2023
- How to Choose the Perfect Frame for Your Face Shape - September 25, 2023
- Why an HR Department Should Be an Integral Part of Your Business - September 25, 2023