Are you ready to celebrate summer? This is a sponsored post on behalf of Tyson, Unilever, and Bimbo and all opinions are my own.
Nothing but blue skies, sunny days, and easy breezy weekends! To celebrate the season, we put together a tropical tiki inspired party. With easy jerk chicken sandwiches and mango iced tea, this DIY party inspires you to get outside!
When you are planning a family gathering or summer soiree, the most economical thing to do is hit Sam’s Club for bulk sizes on the best items for your event. We looked for Tyson Premium Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Lipton Iced Tea 48 One Gallon Tea Bags, and Ball Park Tailgaters Crustini Buns.
The frozen chicken breasts are versatile so you can use them for meal planning during the week or easy grilling on the weekends. And, yes, you CAN cook from frozen! The Ball Park buns are the perfect size for chicken sandwiches, and the gallon sized tea bags make it SO much easier to brew gallons of iced tea for entertaining.
We like to brew sun tea, and these gallon size tea bags fit perfectly in our glass containers for brewing! They are individually wrapped, and we opted for a fruity tiki tea recipe. We like to brew our tea outdoors in the sun, and you might like this method. It’s kind of a fun novelty for us here in Florida, and it creates delicious summertime flavor.
Mango Tiki Tea
- 1 tea bag (1 gallon size)
- 1 mango
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Dice half mango into small cubes. Cut other half into moon-shaped slices for garnish.
- In glass 1-gallon tea jar, mix mango, sugar, juice, and honey with hot water.
- Add tea bag, seal it and place in direct sunlight for 2-3 hours to steep.
- Serve over ice. Add mango slice to garnish.
Iced tea is the ultimate summer refresher. You can add fruit, honey, sugar, lots of ice, or whatever other flavors you desire. We prefer the fresh fruity flavor of mango for a tropical theme. When you pair this beverage with our entree, you’ll see why we picked this flavor!
Our entree was upgraded chicken sandwiches made with Tyson and Ball Park. To make these tropical jerk chicken sandwiches, use juicy chicken breasts. You can choose to grill, saute, or bake them, just use a jerk marinade for that spicy flavor.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 large buns
- 4 slices, pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup jerk seasoning marinade
- 1 can pineapple, sliced
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Marinate chicken breasts in jerk seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Sear chicken for 3-4 minutes inch side.
- Pour remaining marinade over breasts and sprinkle pepper over top. Transfer to oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until center is fully cooked.
- In pan, salt and saute pineapple slices for 30 seconds on each side.
- Toast buns before assembling sandwich.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 766Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 2582mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 51g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
We opted to saute the chicken breasts with a jerk marinade, but you can easily grill them too! Don’t forget to add pepper jack cheese and grilled pineapple to finish off this sandwich. Paired with the mango iced tea, this spicy and refreshing combination will delight your guests.
For the ultimate summer celebration, Sam’s Club can help you get it together. With fresh flavor combinations and affordable prices, you can put a weekend party on without any fuss.
I was impressed at how quickly our sandwiches and iced tea were created, and I hope that you can serve these items to your guests too!
So, throw on your favorite Hawaiian shirts, and click here to master your summer!
How will you cool off this summer? Will you try our spin on iced tea or opt for the spice of our jerk chicken sandwiches?
Though, both is a good answer! 😉
Summer Party Ideas
- The Ideal Options For Stress Relief And Getting Rid Of Anxiety - December 5, 2021
- Unique DIY Gift Ideas To Leave Your Boyfriend Speechless This Christmas - December 3, 2021
- 6 Meaningful Gift Ideas To Surprise Someone You Love With - December 3, 2021