I know that it is still “winter” for many of you, but the summer temperatures have reached Florida already! We topped out at 90 degrees a few days ago, and the best treat for a warm day is ice cream! I always like to cool off with a sweet treat, and I found a way to combine my favorite throwback candy (M&M’s® Crispy) with my favorite ice cream topping!
You can make your own chocolate ice cream topping with just three simple ingredients, and this simple sundae will be a hit in your home. I’m surprised I hadn’t tried to make this myself before, because I go through bottles of the store-bought stuff regularly. Now that I know I can replicate the flavor and customize it with my favorite M&M’s®, this is definitely going to be on heavy rotation during the warm spring and summer months!
To get started, I needed to hit my local Walmart for M&M’s! We used the crispy kind, but you can use ANY!
To create your own special chocolate ice cream topping, try this easy recipe!
- 1 bag of M&M's
- 1/2 a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for about a minute.
- Stir to combine. The heat of the oil will continue to melt the chocolate.
- Stir until smooth. It will probably appear very runny at this point.
- Use a glass jar or bottle to store. Refrigerate under ready to use.
- To serve, just heat again for thirty seconds until liquid.
- Add 1/4 cup of M&M's® Crispy to a plastic bag or bowl and gently smash. Combine the candy mixture to the chocolate.
- Pour directly onto cold ice cream and watch the magic unfold!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Delicious Dessert Recipes:
- Digging for Dinos Treat Cups: Dinosaur Dessert Idea
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Frozen Dessert Cups
- Mini Ice Cream Sandwich Pops
- Seriously Sweet Dessert Recipes
- How to Have the Perfect Day at EPCOT | Printable EPCOT Planner - February 5, 2023
- Can You Integrate Bicycling Into Your Daily Lifestyle? - February 5, 2023
- How To Make An Attic More Comfortable As A Leisure Room - February 5, 2023