Cool off this summer with an easy sweet treat! These mini ice cream sandwich pops are crowd pleasers!
Extra sprinkles for me please! How can you say no to an ice cream sandwich on a stick? I admit that I’m not the biggest fan of ice cream sandwiches. They can be quite boring compared to other sweets, however, you can upgrade a plain ice cream sandwich to something more lively with popsicle sticks and sprinkles!
Ice Cream Sandwich Pops Supplies
One of the first things to do for this recipe idea is to make sure the sticks are the perfect length for your treat. If you don’t mind a longer stick, you won’t have to do anything. However, we preferred the shorter stick size so we actually cut off about a fourth of the top of each wooden stick.
Remove the paper from the ice cream sandwiches and cut each one in half. Push the stick into the “cut” end of the sandwich. Lay these on a baking sheet and put in the freezer so they can harden up.
Pour the vanilla chips into a bowl and melt. Dip the corner of each ice cream sandwich into the melted chocolate. Quickly add your sprinkles, M&Ms, or other candies to decorate. Finish dipping the rest of the ice cream sandwiches so that you can get them back in the freezer.
Once everything has frozen together, serve!
A sweet treat for a summer day!
- 8 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 11 oz. pkg. Vanilla Baking Chips
- 16 Wooden Popsicle Sticks
- ½ cup M & M’s Candy
- An assortment of sprinkles
- First, cut off about a fourth of the top of each wooden stick. You can opt not to do this step if you don’t mind a longer stick, but I wanted my sticks a little shorter.
- Remove the paper from the ice cream sandwiches and cut each one in half.
- Push a stick into the cut end of each ice cream sandwich making sure to stop so the stick doesn’t pop through the top. Lay these on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put in the freezer for about 20 minutes to harden them back up.
- Pour about half the white chips into a small bowl and melt in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring between each one until fully melted.
- Dip the corner of each ice cream sandwich into the melted chocolate. Quickly sprinkle on the M & Mm’s or sprinkles and lay back on the baking sheet.
- Finish dipping the rest of the sandwiches and get them back into the freezer as quick as you can because they will start to get melty.
- You can serve these in about an hour after they are solid again or leave in the freezer overnight to serve the next day.
- Have fun!
Create these for a special party using sprinkles to match the theme or create them for holidays. Try red, white, and blue for July 4th or orange and black for Halloween.
Looking for more sweet treats? Visit my desserts page!
Spring Cleaning Planner
Clean and get organized! Download your free spring cleaning printable planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Blizzard Beach at Walt Disney World: How to Plan Your First Trip - August 17, 2018
- Elena of Avalor Printables: The Realm of the Jaquins DVD - August 14, 2018
- Disney Pajamas For Kids: Disney Sleep Hotline - August 13, 2018