Eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard. I think that is the biggest complaint I hear from my friends is that it’s difficult. It is time-consuming. They can’t figure out how to meal plan. Yet, for me, that is the EASY part. I can dream up menus for the week that are loaded with vegetables, healthy fats, and protein. I can look in my pantry and just throw something together with chicken, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar. One of my favorite easy lunches is a bowl with Green Giant Corn loaded with vegetables and protein. Yesterday my lunch was put together in about fifteen minutes. There’s nothing hard about that!
It’s a colorful collection of my favorite foods (shrimp, tomatoes, and corn) paired with the citrus flavor of lime juice. Garnish with cilantro and you have a zesty shrimp salad that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
One serving of Green Giant Whole Kernel Sweet Corn is just one point. If you’re following Weight Watchers, you know what you can add to make this lunch work for you and your daily plan.
- 1 pound of peeled, deveined shrimp
- 2 cans of Green Giant Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe's
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Prepare shrimp and place in a warm medium skillet. Cook in olive oil, garlic, and sprinkle with 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe's. Stir and let shrimp cook for 5 to 10 minutes depending on their size. They will be opaque when done.
- In a large mixing bowl, add corn, cilantro, onion, lime juice, tomatoes, and any other vegetables you might want.
- Top with shrimp and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 479mgSodium: 6414mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 6gSugar: 12gProtein: 57g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
You can add almost anything to this basic recipe to increase flavor or boost your daily vegetable intake. Some of my favorite extras to add include peppers, romaine lettuce, or lemon juice instead of lime juice. You can also swap shrimp for chicken and cook in the same garlic and 21 Seasoning Salute mixture. It’s so good either way! However you stir up your shrimp bowl, it’s easy to pack for lunch at work. I like it both hot AND cold so it’s not a big deal if I can’t heat it up or I’m on the go.
What would you add to your shrimp bowl? You might like this Spicy Bacon Broccoli too!
Easy Shrimp Recipes:
- Why DNA Tests Are Important - October 25, 2021
- The Right Way to Clean Your Bathroom – A Simple Guide - October 25, 2021
- Car vs Truck Accident: What Are The Major Differences Between Them - October 24, 2021