This post was sponsored by NAKANO® Rice Vinegars as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Our household was already a big fan of NAKANO® and their variety of rice vinegar so we jumped at the chance to share one of our favorite recipes which utilized their brand of seasoned vinegar to create a healthy, Asian-inspired cucumber salad that is both good for you and bursting with flavor.
NAKANO is made using just four all-natural ingredients and contains no artificial preservatives, no high-fructose corn syrups. It has just 20 calories per serving. Just a splash of any of the NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegars is a savory, low-calorie alternative to high-fat dressings, marinades, oils or butter.
So if one of your goals for the new year is to eat fresher, healthier meals with less artificial ingredients and no preservatives, this cucumber salad is perfect. It can be served as an appetizer to your favorite Asian cuisine or stir fry, or top it off with some seared ahi tuna to create a main course that will touch every one of your taste buds.
- 4 large cucumbers
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Peel cucumbers and slice into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, mix cucumber, sprouts, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper. Toss together.
- In a large mason jar or another airtight container, place salad and fill jar or container with vinegar, oil, and soy sauce. Seal jar.
- Marinate for 24 to 48 hours. The recipe makes four to six servings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1250mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
The best part is, the longer the salad is allowed to “pickle” the more the cucumbers and sprouts will absorb the flavors. Try it with some of NAKANO’s other flavored vinegar like citrus, roasted garlic or mango.
Do you use rice vinegar in your cooking?
Asian Inspired Recipe Ideas:
- Brewing Your Coffee Has Never Been Easier With The Help Of These Tips - May 8, 2021
- Senior Living: How to Help Your Parents Make the Right Choice - May 7, 2021
- Tips to Save Money While Couponing - May 6, 2021