This post was sponsored by Ling Ling, all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
The past few months, we have eaten a lot of food purchased from a vehicle. With all the festivals and concerts and conventions, food trucks have been omnipresent and since we like to explore different foods, we’ve had quite a variety of yummy finger foods to try. There has been one big exception. It is tough to find good Asian food from a food truck, with all apologies to Korean tacos. I guess chopsticks don’t travel well.
I decided to try and come up with an Asian-inspired that can be eaten on the go, making it a perfect snack for tailgates or outdoors time. No chopsticks required.
It was a decided success. These rolls were surprisingly easy to make and were amazing. The variety of tastes and textures made this really stand out. The crispiness of the fresh vegetables was a nice compliment to the succulent beef. Putting the fried rice in the roll makes it feel like you are eating an entire meal with your fingers. To finish it off, I decided a Sriracha mayo would make a great dipping sauce and add just a little bit of kick on the back end.
To help save time, we took a shortcut and used Ling Ling Fried Rice, which is already premade with all the vegetables and seasonings and ready to heat. It is the perfect addition to your meal that is inspired by authentic Asian inspired recipes from Japan, China, Korea and Thailand.
The Chinese-Style Vegetable makes for a perfect side or try the Yakitori Chicken, Yakiniku Beef, Thai-Style Chicken or Bibimbap Beef as an easy main course. Each grain of rice is infused during the cooking process with their signature sauces that gives incredible flavor in every bite. We found Ling Ling in the frozen foods section of our local grocery store.
So here is my creation to attempt to make an entire Asian meal you can go mobile with. To save further time I used the pre-chopped Asian vegetable mix (Onions, peppers, snow peas) that can be found in most grocery stores.
- 8-oz. steak, thinly sliced
- 1 package Ling Ling Yakiniku Beef Fried Rice
- 1 package premade eggroll wraps
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup frozen stir-fry vegetable mix
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (2 cups sunflower oil, if not using deep fryer)
- In large wok, mix meat, frozen vegetables, oil, teriyaki and pepper over medium-high heat until steak is desired internal temperature.
- Heat Ling Ling Fried Rice according to package instructions.
- If not using a deep fryer, heat oil in deep frying pan over high heat. Deep fryers should be heated to 350 degrees.
- In egg roll wrap, fill with stir fry mix, rice, green onions and sprouts. Use enough filling to make each roll about 2 inches in diameter.
- Place rolls in hot oil for 8-10 minutes or until rolls turn golden brown.
- In mixing bowl, combine sriracha and mayo.
- Remove rolls from oil and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil and serve.
Boom. Portable stir fry. With Ling Ling Fried Rice, staying in tastes like going out. Save when you shop: Get a $2 off coupon to try Ling Ling Fried Rice! And for more great meal ideas, check out their Pinterest.
Do you like egg rolls? Have you tried Ling Ling Fried Rice?
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by J. Scott Butherus (see all)
- Celebrating Our Family Traditions This Holiday Season - November 17, 2017
- 2017 Best Buy’s Top Christmas Toys - November 12, 2017
- Teriyaki Steak Stir Fry Rolls - November 8, 2017