Do you love to plan and organize?
Keeping all of your planner supplies in one place can be a challenge, which is why we came up with an artful way to help! Look below at this cookie jar makeover, and see how we turned a thrift store find into a functional storage piece. You don’t need to be super crafty, just follow the tips below! You will see how to store your planner pens in a way that is functional and fun!
How to Store Planner Pens: Cookie Jar Makeover
- Old cookie jar with wooden lid
- White chalk paint
- Drill/ 3-16” drill bit
- Thick wood board
Just some advice: you can find cookie jars like the one we used here at thrift stores, garage sales, and possibly even secondhand or vintage shops. Any design similar to the one we used will work!
- Remove the top from your glass jar and wash/dry each piece.
- When your top has dried completely, paint the top and sides with your white chalk paint and let dry.
- Paint a second coat and let dry.
- Place a thick piece of wood under your lid and carefully drill a hole in the center with your drill and 3-16” drill bit.
- Lightly sand and distress the top with a piece of sandpaper.
- Screw the new knob on with your hands.
- Fill up with pens, pencils, cookies, treats, or whatever you’d like.
My Favorite Planner Supplies
You will find that the possibilities are endless, and this is certainly a functional piece that will help you keep small pieces and parts in place.
How easy was that? If you are looking for an answer to the question of how to store your planner pens, give this cookie jar makeover a try. You will find it is the perfect solution!
- Erin Condren Planner: Is the Life Planner For You?
- Spring Cleaning Printable Planner
- The Best Planners For Busy Women | 2018 Planner Reviews
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Red Carpet Beauty Must-Haves | Award Show Printables - February 20, 2019
- OREO Stuf Inside: Try New Flavors at Walmart - February 18, 2019
- Things To Consider When Going Back To Work After Having A Baby - February 18, 2019