If you’re a cilantro addict like me, you are so going to love the refreshing combinations of beans, peppers, and cilantro! I actually don’t usually cook with beans, but it’s a simple way to make an easy lunch or a fun side dish. Top with green onions and flavorful corn for a delicious southwest inspired salad that is perfect for summer entertaining or snacking.
You might have most or all of these ingredients in your pantry, so it’s a simple way to whip up a cool and refreshing seasonal salad. I would make double of this recipe so that I could leftovers later in the week.
I love tomatoes most of all, so I would add a few extras in my salad. ;) I also think this can be a fun way to jazz up nachos too. If you need a simple appetizer, consider creating this salad and pairing it with your favorite tortillas!
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans. drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped (optional)
- *You could also add corn if you wish.
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad and mix well.
- Prepare the dressing. Add the ingredients together.
- Toss the salad to coat all the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Go Ziplining in Ocala, Florida - August 17, 2017
- What to Track in Your Planner - August 16, 2017
- How to Make Lunchtime Fun: Silly Sandwich Ideas For Back to School - August 15, 2017