This conversation was sponsored with Mondelēz International, but all festive party-planning opinions are my own!
There is nothing like planning a family meal and collaborating over ideas and recipes in the kitchen. Whether it’s a family tradition to cook a certain dish or you are making something new, the holiday season can be a great way to have fun in the kitchen. Since I like to plan easy parties and prepare sweet treats, I knew that re-creating this holiday dip using a family favorite ingredient would be perfect for our next event.
Sweet apples pair with cinnamon and brown sugar to create a savory dip for a cool fall party. Whether it’s a daytime gathering or a nighttime affair, this dip is decadent enough to be a star on the buffet line. I found the recipe for this appetizer on The Ultimate Party Planner, a website with festive recipes and ideas for home entertaining during the holidays. If you need ideas for your next soiree, I recommend stopping by and browsing their ideas. There are coupons and menu inspiration to delight each member of your family.
As for the apple pie dip, I knew that this would be a hit! I used a mix of both red and green apples for the dip, and I used cinnamon for extra flavor. But the star of the show? Those pecans! What makes a recipe really come together is the meaning that it develops through the ingredients. Whether it’s your grandmother’s secret spice blend or a hometown favorite, these are the details that can make a recipe stand out. Since this recipe required pecans for a topping, I raided my husband’s special pecan stash.
You see, about a month ago he took a crazy long road tip to see his Royals play in Kansas City. On the way back, he stopped at Rosie’s Truck Stop to say hello. His grandfather frequented the roadside shop, and my husband just remembered the pecans. By adding Georgia pecans with a story to this dip, it instantly became a conversation starter.
After ten minutes in the oven, this bubbly dip was ready to go. I added extra cheese and am happy I did. What a treat! Keep reading for the full recipe!
- 1 tub (8 oz.) reduced-fat cream cheese spread
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 granny smith apple, chopped, divided
- 1/2 red apple, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped pecans
- WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in half the apples.
- Spread into small casserole dish.
- Top with remaining apples, cheddar, and pecans.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until heated through.
- Serve with WHEAT THINS.
Are you looking for easy crowd pleasing recipes? Stop by The Ultimate Party Planner for ideas! Meet the other bloggers sharing their tips and get inspired to have the best holiday season yet.
Do you have a favorite holiday dish or recipe?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Blackberry Kiwi Cocktail | Fresh Fruit Cocktail Bar - May 26, 2017
- Your Summer Pool Essentials | Pool Travel Printable - May 22, 2017
- How To Find The Right Fabric For Your DIY Project - May 18, 2017