Everything is better dipped in cheese. Whether it is an intimate dinner for two or a large get-together, fondue is a perfectly unique and fun food experience. Keep reading for one of our favorite recipes that is both delicious and fun to eat. It uses the great taste of Stella® cheeses for our easy dinner gourmet recipe. This cheese fondue recipe is easy to make!
Stella® has a cheese for every mood and occasion which is why we chose Fontinella, parmesan and their Italian blend to create this fondue recipe.
The Fontinella, made with their unique recipe, is a sweet and creamy variety that is made to be melted. The Parmesan, which is aged for 10 months, provides a buttery texture and nutty flavor and also works great for many pasta dishes and salads. Rounding out our cheeses in our fondue, is the asiago blend which is smoother than the parmesan while providing a sharp, robust flavor contrast.
For this recipe, we used orange bell peppers as our dipping device since the sweetness of the pepper is a perfect compliment to the spiciness of the fondue. You can use whatever you’d like to dip whether it is sausage, broccoli florets, croutons or just experiment. You can’t go wrong with this fondue recipe.
- 1/2 cup Stella grated Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup Stella Fontinella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Stella shaved parmesan
- 4 oz. Sauvignon Blanc wine
- 1 oz. melted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- In a saucepan, mix butter, wine, garlic and seasonings over low heat.
- Add in cheeses. Constantly stirring as it melts.
- Once all cheeses are melted, add cornstarch and mix thoroughly while simmering until cheese reaches a consistent creaminess.
- Transfer cheese to fondue melting pot or serving crucibles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 392mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
This recipe creates enough to serve 4 to 6 people. For large parties, double the measurements.
What can I dip in cheese fondue?
- Bread like a French baguette
- Sliced peppers
- Granny Smith apples
Easy Appetizer Recipes:
You might like this honey buffalo dip too!
- How to Have the Perfect Day at EPCOT | Printable EPCOT Planner - February 5, 2023
- Can You Integrate Bicycling Into Your Daily Lifestyle? - February 5, 2023
- How To Make An Attic More Comfortable As A Leisure Room - February 5, 2023