With baseball season at its peak and football season getting ready to kick off, the time for tailgating is upon us and we are ready to pre-game like a pro. Be the envy of your parking lot envoy with some delicious citrus basted ribs.
The citrus marinade infuses your ribs with flavor and the Sportster grill ensures you can cook a full slab quickly and with ease. They make for perfect pregame finger food and go great with your tailgating beverage of choice. Not to mention, you’ll be able to avoid the questionable food choices inside the stadium.
Tailgating is more than just hot dogs and burgers. You can add flavor to your tailgate with an easy marinade that you can make in advance (or even on the go!) so that your ribs will be tender and ready for the party.
Our propane grill has enough room for an entire rack of ribs! It’s a Coleman that we found at Walmart.
The marinade that we used had a hint of citrus since we used fresh orange juice, lemon juice, and brown sugar.
- 2 racks pork spare ribs
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper
- Mix juices, vinegar and spices together in a sealable bowl or container.
- Brush ribs with approximately 1/3 of the marinade and seal in a plastic bag or container so that you can easily transport it later.
- Once you've reached your tailgate destination and heated your grill to high heat, place ribs directly over heat for 5-10 minutes to sear.
- Reduce heat to med-low. Using the remaining marinade periodically baste or brush meat every 5-10 minutes. Cook until meat is tender.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 619Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 1142mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 30g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
What is your favorite tailgating recipe? You can try these tips for grilled pizza too!