It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… celebrate with a Kahlua Hot Cocoa!
Christmas isn’t just for little kids opening presents early on December 25th. There are plenty of possibilities for adults to join in on the fun too! Christmas cocktails are kind of my thing (my most pinned post is a RumChata Eggnog!), so it is only right to continue the tradition of publishing adult-friendly Christmas recipes for you to use at your next holiday party.
While it never truly feels like winter in Florida, I do still like to cozy up in my pajamas and fuzzy socks by the tree with a cup of hot chocolate. Even better, add a shot of your favorite liquor. Preferably… Kahlua!
To make your own adult hot chocolate, gather your ingredients: milk, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and of course, Kahlua.
Get started with a large pot and whisk together milk, sugar, and cocoa powder. Heat over medium heat and stir occasionally until the cocoa begins to simmer and is heated all the way through. Remove from heat and stir in Kahlua.
Top with chocolate sauce, caramel, chocolate chips, whipped cream, marshmallows, or whatever else is your favorite hot cocoa topping.
A fun Christmas cocktail!
- 6 cups milk
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 oz. Kahlua
- In a large pot, whisk together milk, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until cocoa begins to simmer and is heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in Kahlua.
- Top with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, chocolate chips, whipped cream, marshmallows, or any other cocoa toppings you like.
What is your favorite cocktail this time of year? Try one of these for more holiday cheer:
- Cranberry Apple Mimosa | Mimosa for the Holidays
- Fiery Peppermint Cocktail
- Boozy Budget Gifts: RumChata Hot Cocoa
- Bailey’s Hot Cocoa Recipe + DIY Gift
What do you like to put in your hot cocoa? P.S. For a fun gift idea, you can pair hot cocoa mix, a mini bottle of Kahlua, and a bag of mini marshmallows! Find inspiration in my Boozy Budget Gifts: RumChata Hot Cocoa post.
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- 50 Valentine’s Day Desserts and Drinks: Sweet Treats to Share - January 20, 2019
- Last Minute Date Ideas: Free Date Nights - January 14, 2019
- Gluten Free Sandwich Charcuterie Board - January 14, 2019