It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… celebrate with a Kahlua Hot Cocoa!
Christmas isn’t just for little kids opening presents early on December 25th. There are plenty of possibilities for adults to join in on the fun too! Christmas cocktails are kind of my thing (my most pinned post is a RumChata Eggnog!), so it is only right to continue the tradition of publishing adult-friendly Christmas recipes for you to use at your next holiday party.
While it never truly feels like winter in Florida, I do still like to cozy up in my pajamas and fuzzy socks by the tree with a cup of hot chocolate. Even better, add a shot of your favorite liquor. Preferably… Kahlua!
To make your own adult hot chocolate, gather your ingredients: milk, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and of course, Kahlua.
Get started with a large pot and whisk together milk, sugar, and cocoa powder. Heat over medium heat and stir occasionally until the cocoa begins to simmer and is heated all the way through. Remove from heat and stir in Kahlua.
Top with chocolate sauce, caramel, chocolate chips, whipped cream, marshmallows, or whatever else is your favorite hot cocoa topping.
- 6 cups milk
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 oz. Kahlua
- In a large pot, whisk together milk, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until cocoa begins to simmer and is heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in Kahlua.
- Top with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, chocolate chips, whipped cream, marshmallows, or any other cocoa toppings you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 727Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 388mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 28g
What is your favorite cocktail this time of year? Try one of these for more holiday cheer:
- Cranberry Apple Mimosa | Mimosa for the Holidays
- Fiery Peppermint Cocktail
- Boozy Budget Gifts: RumChata Hot Cocoa
- Bailey’s Hot Cocoa Recipe + DIY Gift
What do you like to put in your hot cocoa? P.S. For a fun gift idea, you can pair hot cocoa mix, a mini bottle of Kahlua, and a bag of mini marshmallows! Find inspiration in my Boozy Budget Gifts: RumChata Hot Cocoa post.