Halloween is just around the corner so that means it is the time of the year to celebrate the spirits, both the type that haunt your house and the kind that will haunt your mornings if you overdo it. While much of the country is starting to feel the effects of autumn, that time when a chill can be felt in the air and leaves start to change color, we here in south Florida sometimes have trouble getting into the season. After all, it is hard to get in the Halloween spirit when it is still prime flip-flop weather outside and our palm trees stay green year-round. Here is a fun and easy project that lets you get in the Halloween spirit while still enjoying the beach or any other outdoor activity.
How to make a festive portable pumpkin beer cooler:
- Select a pumpkin that is short and squat with a flat-ish bottom that will remain stable on a flat surface.
- Cut a hole in the top that is wide enough to allow to insert and remove approximately six bottle or cans of beer.
- Remove seeds and “guts” and scrape all the stringy fibers from the inside with a metal spoon.
- Mark opposite sides of the pumpkin approximately four inches from opening on top. Use a screw driver to punch hole all the way through pumpkin.
- Cut 1/2” rope to desired length. Make sure to leave a few extra inches for each side.
- Starting from the outside, thread rope through hole into pumpkin.
- Use 2 1/2” washer to secure rope from inside pumpkin. Tie knot in rope to secure handle.
- Repeat on other side.
- Using a permanent marker or paint, create a face or design on outside of pumpkin on clean, dry surface.
- Add ice and beer of choice. Marzen-style or pumpkin wheat ales work best.
- For a final touch, add dry ice to create smoking effect.
Full Video Tutorial
This festive cooler can then be carried to the beach, poolside or to any holiday get-together.
Before you start your celebration, however, don’t forget the Never Too Hungover. They are the best tasting, most effective way to help prevent or recover from hangovers. They can also be used as an energy shot with electrolytes and vitamins. Its proprietary formula is a blend of vitamins, amino acids, antioxidants, nutrients, and minerals which helps neutralize toxins, restore vital nutrients, and rehydrate the body which can help prevent or recover from the negative effects of a hangover.