This post was sponsored by Asurion as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
Whether it’s a selfie or a sunset, cell phone photography has come a long way. Many smart phones are equipped to capture your memories easily if you know how to use them! Keep reading to learn how to take the perfect phone picture and how to troubleshoot on your mobile device in case you have any issues!
1. Forget the flash. When using a flash, you are only amplifying imperfections, lines, and blemishes. Instead, forget the flash and opt for natural light. It is more forgiving and offers a natural glow.
2. Try a downward angle. When you take a selfie, you are better off holding the camera at a downward angle. Don’t hold it below chin level but more at forehead or above. This instantly slims the face and creates some nice angles.
3. Stabilize your shot. Utilize any stabilizer features your phone may have. This can help you avoid blurry shots and instead get clean and clear ones. Since holding your hand still is hard, a stabilizer is a great idea. You can also use a tripod! I have a smartphone tripod that I use all the time.
4. Stand near a window. The natural light pouring through a window can add a nice effect, soft glow, and really bring out your features. Stand near a window, but not with the window directly behind you where it can drown out the shot.
5. Avoid fluorescent lights. Stop taking selfies in the bathroom, people! The fluorescent light is harsh, and since it is overhead it can also bring out flaws and drain you of coloring.
6. Try some simple editing apps. Simple editing apps such as PicTapGo are great to use for editing your shots. You can crop, add various filters, and get an assortment of gorgeous effects. Plus the app makes sharing your photos on social media a breeze. My favorite photo editing apps are in this post: iPhone photography apps.
7. Give a selfie stick a try. I know, I know… but these are great especially when taking group selfies. They help you get a better angle and the chance to hold the camera at a distance that allows you to get everyone into the shot. Most selfie sticks are now collapsible making them great for travel as well.
8. Look at the lens. The mistake many people make when taking a selfie is looking at their own image on the screen. This can throw your eyes off in the photo. Instead, be sure you are looking at the lens where the shot is being taken from.
9. Try some different looks. Don’t want to smile? Try some different looks. A quick glance to the corner or even a smile with eyes closed is fun. Try some different and out of the box looks to see what shots you can come up with.
10. Keep it clean. Use simple backgrounds or style your own shots to shoot awesome images!
How to Troubleshoot
I always seem to run into a few problems with my phone running out of memory or connecting to my wireless printer. I actually have really cool photo paper that will print out your Instagram photographs to your wireless printer! It’s a LOT of fun, however, I never can seem to get the connection to work. In order to troubleshoot this, I called Asurion Premier Support! They can help you solve a tech-related question or issue.
Download the App
For AT&T customers, the product is called Pro Tech Support: http://soc.att.com/1hO0lmb
Asurion partners with the country’s leading wireless carriers to help you protect your devices: cellphones, tablets, laptops, gaming consoles, and even speakers! Asurion’s Premier Support solves everyday problems with easy to access expert technical support and advice. When your phone is not working properly or you are experiencing a similar issue with your wireless printer, Asurion can help you fix the problem.
Since the holidays are here, we know we will be scoping those awesome technology sales! Asurion can help you set up your newest gadget or learn how to use them to their fullest potential. Asurion Premier Support can help you use your device faster and better!
My problem was solved quickly (I had somehow had a firewall and didn’t have the right wireless password!), and I know that Asurion can help you if you’re ever trying to do something with your own gadgets. Try these photography tips this holiday to take better pictures of your friends and family. Cherish those special memories!
What’s your best photography tip?
[amazon-related-products keywords=”iphone cases”]
Control the Christmas Chaos!
Get organized for the holidays with this printable Christmas planner.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- lake + loft dream.plan.do planner review - December 15, 2018
- Christmas at Disney World: Grand Floridian Resort Gingerbread House - December 15, 2018
- Christmas Bricktacular at LEGOLAND Florida - December 14, 2018