If you haven’t had enough of the Disney phenomenon and your little one is begging for more, this Frozen play dough is a great way to give them something to do instead of just sitting in front of the movie. Play dough is a fabulous activity for strengthening small hand muscles, building math and literacy skills, and encouraging imaginations. The fact that this version just happens to be perfectly matched to everyone’s favorite movie Frozen and creates an ideal backdrop for the characters is just a bonus. The fresh and bright wintergreen scent is perfect for a wintery scene and is stimulating for your child’s mind. So, let’s get crafty!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- Wintergreen essential oil
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- blue glitter
- Combine dry ingredients flour, salt, and cream of tartar in stand mixer (or mix by hand, this just saves you having to knead the hot play dough)
- Add water and mix until well combined, if the dough is still sticky add a bit more flour until the consistency is smooth and holds together well.
- Add blue glitter and wintergreen essential oil until the scent and sparkle are to your liking.
- Mix on low for an additional 2 minutes, until it begins to cool.
- Provide your child with cookie cutters, a rolling pin, figurines, buttons, shells or other items to manipulate with the play dough.
Our favorite for this homemade play dough are these small Frozen characters.
This cookie cutter is also a fun addition for wintery play.
Are you still Frozen-obsessed? Have you made homemade playdough before?
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- $200 Target Gift Card Giveaway - March 23, 2018
- How to Stay on Track - March 23, 2018
- So Fresh and So Clean… Dove Beauty Bar For Your Family - March 20, 2018