Valentine’s Day isn’t just for humans. Your furry friends deserve a day of adoration and sweets just like you! To celebrate a happy hearts day this year, whip up a batch of these easy peanut butter “pup” cakes for your favorite dogs.
Celebrate your companion with a simple recipe to show your appreciation. For the dog-friendly cupcakes, I also needed peanut butter, flour, and a few other ingredients I already had in my pantry.
I used my hand mixer to mix together all the ingredients until it combined to become a fluffy peanut butter and honey mixture. I added about two heaping tablespoons into a lined muffin tin and let it bake for about fifteen minutes.
I used leftover cupcake mix to frost since it was a nice fluffy peanut butter mixture.
Top each with Milk-Bone bones (or more than one!) and get ready to treat your dog to the sweetest Valentine’s Day dessert you’ve ever given them.
1 large egg 1/4 cup of peanut butter 1/4 cup of vegetable oil 1/3 cup of honey 1 cup of flour 1 tsp vanilla extract optional: 1 cup of a vegetable such as carrots
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with six muffin cups (I ended up making four and used the leftover to frost).
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend together ingredients with a mixer on low until everything is combined.
- Spoon two heaping tablespoons of mix into each lined cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes or so.
- Cool before frosting with peanut butter.
- Garnish each with a Milk-Bone.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g
After always telling my dogs to stay away from my own cupcakes, I think they were a little confused that these were up for grabs. My little man, Kamikaze, weighs about fifty pounds. He certainly did not hesitate with that peanut butter frosting!
If you are looking to surprise your special pets with something this Valentine’s Day, consider these dog treats. You can bake up homemade cupcakes to share, and you can use dog valentines. However you show your best buddy you care is up to you, but they sure do deserve the extra love!
Do you celebrate holidays with your furry friends? Have you ever made homemade dog treats?
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Pet Adoption Supplies Checklist - March 19, 2019
- Home Renovation Budget: How to Make the Most of It - March 18, 2019
- Greek Hummus Skewers - March 16, 2019