This conversation is sponsored by Dove Chocolate and Momtrends.
While some people may have bucket lists, I have kitchen-related bucket lists. I have a list of kitchen gadgets that I need and recipes that I’m waiting for the right moment to create. Today’s dessert recipes crossed two items off my list: owning a cast-iron skillet and cooking something in it!
I knew I wanted to use Dove Dark Chocolate in my recipe, so I thought to try to create a chocolate chip cookie in a skillet. I’ve seen these floating around before, and I wanted to see what I could whip up. My son’s second birthday is coming up, and if this was a success, I thought it would be fun to bake a few for his party. No store-bought cake this year! I think we found a winner.
Dark chocolate is a personal favorite. So, I went off to find a way to combine a traditional chocolate chip cookie with dark chocolate. I think the results paid off. What do you think?
I started by heading to Target and grabbing a Dodge ten inch cast-iron skillet. I had been wanting one for awhile (and even gifted one to a recently married friend and blogger!), but I hadn’t had the need for one. I picked up a few ingredients (I always seem to need flour and vanilla extract), and headed home to start baking. While the cookie was baking in the oven, I used Dove Dark Chocolate and melted about 15 squares in the microwave. I set it for thirty seconds at a time on medium. Between each microwave buzzer, I stir. The entire process took about two minutes.
Once I removed the cookie from the oven, I was thoroughly pleased with the results. What a fun way to create a warm dessert. Want to make it even better? Add melted Dove Dark Chocolate!
The addition of the melted chocolate made the cookie less boring and more flavorful.
After a few passes of melted chocolate over the cookie, I experimented with a few sprinkles. Because, why not? I wanted to see if this would be special enough for a little boy’s birthday party.
I think it passed the test. Here’s a behind the scenes look:
- 3/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extra
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Dove Dark Chocolate squares, about 12-15
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla and eggs and stir.
- Stir in the baking soda, flour, and salt.
- Sprinkle in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough in a lightly buttered cast iron skillet and bake for twenty minutes (or until done) at 350 degrees.
- Melt Dove Dark Chocolate squares in a microwave for about two minutes, stirring every thirty seconds. Do not overcook.
- Use a spoon gently pour melted chocolate over the finished skillet cookie in a design of your choice.
- Cool and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g
Don’t overcook it! Look for brown edges, and it’s okay if the middle is soft! It makes for one gooey chocolaty experience. 🙂
What’s your favorite dessert? Do you think these would be a hit at my son’s birthday party?
Check out my other recipes including Dove Dark Chocolate:
[amazon-related-products keywords=”cookie cookbooks”]
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Pet Adoption Supplies Checklist - March 19, 2019
- Home Renovation Budget: How to Make the Most of It - March 18, 2019
- Greek Hummus Skewers - March 16, 2019