This conversation is sponsored by Dove Chocolate and Momtrends.
While some people may have bucket lists, I have kitchen-related bucket lists. I have a list of kitchen gadgets that I need and recipes that I’m waiting for the right moment to create. Today’s dessert recipes crossed two items off my list: owning a cast-iron skillet and cooking something in it!
I knew I wanted to use Dove Dark Chocolate in my recipe, so I thought to try to create a chocolate chip cookie in a skillet. I’ve seen these floating around before, and I wanted to see what I could whip up. My son’s second birthday is coming up, and if this was a success, I thought it would be fun to bake a few for his party. No store-bought cake this year! I think we found a winner.
Dark chocolate is a personal favorite. So, I went off to find a way to combine a traditional chocolate chip cookie with dark chocolate. I think the results paid off. What do you think?
I started by heading to Target and grabbing a Dodge ten inch cast-iron skillet. I had been wanting one for awhile (and even gifted one to a recently married friend and blogger!), but I hadn’t had the need for one. I picked up a few ingredients (I always seem to need flour and vanilla extract), and headed home to start baking. While the cookie was baking in the oven, I used Dove Dark Chocolate and melted about 15 squares in the microwave. I set it for thirty seconds at a time on medium. Between each microwave buzzer, I stir. The entire process took about two minutes.
Once I removed the cookie from the oven, I was thoroughly pleased with the results. What a fun way to create a warm dessert. Want to make it even better? Add melted Dove Dark Chocolate!
The addition of the melted chocolate made the cookie less boring and more flavorful.
After a few passes of melted chocolate over the cookie, I experimented with a few sprinkles. Because, why not? I wanted to see if this would be special enough for a little boy’s birthday party.
I think it passed the test. Here’s a behind the scenes look:
Dark Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 3/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extra
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Dove Dark Chocolate squares, about 12-15
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla and eggs and stir.
- Stir in the baking soda, flour, and salt.
- Sprinkle in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough in a lightly buttered cast iron skillet and bake for twenty minutes (or until done) at 350 degrees.
- Melt Dove Dark Chocolate squares in a microwave for about two minutes, stirring every thirty seconds. Do not overcook.
- Use a spoon gently pour melted chocolate over the finished skillet cookie in a design of your choice.
- Cool and enjoy!
Don’t overcook it! Look for brown edges, and it’s okay if the middle is soft! It makes for one gooey chocolaty experience. :)
What’s your favorite dessert? Do you think these would be a hit at my son’s birthday party?
Check out my other recipes including Dove Dark Chocolate:
[amazon-related-products keywords=”cookie cookbooks”]
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Marvel Studios’ BLACK PANTHER…. Ticket Sales Breaking Records! - January 18, 2018
- Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe - January 17, 2018
- Easy Breakfast Idea: Alaska Salmon Cream Cheese - January 15, 2018