Hot Chocolate Homemade Recipe: Bloody Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
Make this hot chocolate homemade recipe for Halloween. This “Bloody Hot Chocolate” features dark chocolate chips and red velvet! It’s perfectly spooky for a Halloween drink idea.
Hot Chocolate Homemade Recipe Ingredients
This recipe makes two servings. You will need milk, sugar, milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, vanilla, red velvet syrup, and red food coloring.
To make your homemade hot chocolate recipe, combine milk and sugar in a large pot. Place over medium heat until the milk begins to simmer.
Simmer for about four minutes. Stir to combine until the sugar has dissolved. Add the chocolate chips and red food coloring. Stir until combined and the chocolate has melted.
Remove from heat and add in the vanilla and red velvet syrups. Stir to combine and SERVE!
Homemade Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
Try this red velvet hot chocolate for a spooky Halloween beverage! Add whipped cream and sprinkles for a delicious treat.
- 5 cups whole milk
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- ½ cup Milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp Red Velvet syrup
- 2 drops red gel food coloring
- Combine milk and sugar in a large pot.
- Place over medium heat until milk begins to simmer.
- Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Stir to combine, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the chocolate chips and red food coloring.
- Stir until combined and chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla and red velvet syrup.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve hot. Add whipped cream and sprinkles if you would like. Add a plastic syringe for a spooky Halloween touch.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 863Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 305mgCarbohydrates: 105gFiber: 3gSugar: 98gProtein: 23g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
- Easy Halloween Desserts: Halloween Dunkaroos Dip
- Vampire Tequila Sunset Cocktail: Halloween Cocktails
- Halloween Jello Shots
- Choosing the Best Fitover Sunglasses for Your Outdoor Adventure - March 24, 2023
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Choosing Your Retirement Community - March 24, 2023
- Yoga Therapy and Its Benefits - March 24, 2023