Sometimes you want nothing more than a fully cooked breakfast before a busy day. However, when I’m running short on time, I make hasty decisions that involve a drive-through window. Not anymore! I’m committed to making easy egg sandwiches using high-quality ingredients ahead of time so that I can simply grab and go. Here’s how we do it:
This recipe will get you started in the morning, and you can be sure that all of the ingredients are fresh and healthy. It also hasn’t been basking under a heat lamp for an undisclosed amount of time. You can even make them ahead of time so you can have a healthy starter every morning.
At the heart of these easy breakfast sandwiches are Handsome Brook Farms eggs, which are available nationally at select retailers. My local Sprout’s carries them. Just like those mystery eggs on those gas station or drive-thru sandwiches, not all eggs are not created equal.
Pasture-raised eggs, like Handsome Brook Farm eggs, can contain twice the amount of omega 3’s, 38% more vitamin A and 23% vitamin E than conventionally raised eggs. Handsome Brook Farm Eggs are pasture-raised organic eggs that come from organic-fed, pasture raised hens. An all-natural diet and freedom forage outdoors give Handsome Brook Farm eggs their trademark golden-orange yolk and rich, delicious flavor.
Handsome Brook Farm uses a network of small family farms with smaller flocks so they can ensure farmers get the fair wage they deserve and their hens have space, attention, and the love they need to produce the best quality eggs so you can taste the difference. Here’s how you can get your healthy omelet fix, starting with Handsome Brook Farm eggs in the morning with the ease and convenience of, well, a convenience store:
- 4 English muffins
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 extra large eggs
- 4 slices cheese
- 3 white mushrooms, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, diced
- Salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon until crispy. Place on paper towel to absorb excess grease.
- Drain excess bacon grease. Return pan to burner and add mushrooms, pepper, and cilantro. Lightly sauté vegetables.
- In mixing bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper, and sautéed vegetables.
- Over medium heat, pour eggs into pan. Use a metal cookie cutter to make four patties that are muffin-sized.
- Toast muffins.
- Assemble sandwiches between eggs, bacon, cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 236mg Sodium: 980mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 25g
To save for your busy work week, wrap sandwiches in parchment paper and freeze. Reheat in standard microwave.
Could you use a healthy alternative in the morning that you can take with you on your commute?
Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Tater Tot Breakfast Bowl
- Easy Breakfast Idea: Alaska Salmon Cream Cheese Recipe
- Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
Latest posts by J. Scott Butherus (see all)
- Easy Air Fryer Taquitos - November 13, 2018
- DIY Aquarium Costume - October 26, 2018
- Palm Tree Paradise: Tradewinds | St. Pete Beach Hotels - October 4, 2018