This post brought to you by Fresh From Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
Here in Florida, we are blessed with fresh seasonal produce. As the seasons change and new fruits and vegetables become readily available, we are able to adjust our menus to savor the sweet flavors of Florida produce. Fresh blueberries are currently in season, and there is one recipe from Fresh From Florida in particular that I can’t wait to serve.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1½ cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons Florida sugar
Key Lime Pie Filling
- 14-ounce can
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed Florida key lime juice
- 3 teaspoons of fresh key lime zest
Florida Blueberry Topping Ingredients
- 2 cups Florida blueberries
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup water
Graham Cracker Crust Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs,
- Stir ingredients to combine. Press the graham mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9” pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Set aside.
Key Lime Pie Filling Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine condensed milk, egg yolks, key lime juice and key lime zest.
- Use a whisk to make sure all ingredients are combined. The combined ingredients will naturally thicken slightly.
- Pour key lime pie filling mixture into the cooled graham cracker crust.
- Bake pie for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pie looks almost set.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover pie and place in the refrigerator as it is best served cold.
- To serve, top pie with fresh whipped cream and slices of fresh key lime.
Florida Blueberry Topping Preparation
- Heat the apricot jam and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until completely melted.
- Arrange blueberries in a single layer over the key lime pie.
- Using a pastry brush, brush a layer of melted jam over the blueberries.
- Let cool.
[amazon-related-products keywords=”florida cookbooks”]
Take Control of Your Day!
Snag a free report to help you get organized PLUS access to my Trello template to show you how to implement these strategies in your everyday life.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Use Themes to Create Goals: Free Goals Printable - January 23, 2019
- 50 Valentine’s Day Desserts and Drinks: Sweet Treats to Share - January 20, 2019
- Last Minute Date Ideas: Free Date Nights - January 14, 2019