This post brought to you by Fresh From Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
Here in Florida, we are blessed with fresh seasonal produce. As the seasons change and new fruits and vegetables become readily available, we are able to adjust our menus to savor the sweet flavors of Florida produce. Fresh blueberries are currently in season, and there is one recipe from Fresh From Florida in particular that I can’t wait to serve.
Florida Blueberry Key Lime Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1½ cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons Florida sugar
Key Lime Pie Filling
- 14-ounce can
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed Florida key lime juice
- 3 teaspoons of fresh key lime zest
Florida Blueberry Topping Ingredients
- 2 cups Florida blueberries
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup water
Graham Cracker Crust Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs,
- Stir ingredients to combine. Press the graham mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9” pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Set aside.
Key Lime Pie Filling Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine condensed milk, egg yolks, key lime juice and key lime zest.
- Use a whisk to make sure all ingredients are combined. The combined ingredients will naturally thicken slightly.
- Pour key lime pie filling mixture into the cooled graham cracker crust.
- Bake pie for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pie looks almost set.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover pie and place in the refrigerator as it is best served cold.
- To serve, top pie with fresh whipped cream and slices of fresh key lime.
Florida Blueberry Topping Preparation
- Heat the apricot jam and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until completely melted.
- Arrange blueberries in a single layer over the key lime pie.
- Using a pastry brush, brush a layer of melted jam over the blueberries.
- Let cool.
[amazon-related-products keywords=”florida cookbooks”]
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more.
Latest posts by Krystal | Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- So Fresh and So Clean… Dove Beauty Bar For Your Family - March 20, 2018
- A Guide to the Plastics in Your Home | Green Enough Book Review - March 20, 2018
- How to Stay Active With Your Pets - March 20, 2018