When I turned 21, I went to a club for the first time. I had NO idea what cocktail to order, and it was ladies drink free. Well liquor didn’t sound too appealing, so I asked for a screwdriver. I was definitely the only one in the club drinking orange juice and cheap vodka, but it was a refreshing beverage for a new drinker. Now? I haven’t have orange juice in a cocktail unless it’s a mimosa, but this strawberry screwdriver is certainly a sweet happy hour treat!
It just LOOKS pretty, doesn’t it? The ingredient list is simple, but you do need to make strawberry simple syrup. Crushed ice makes this drink more fun, and don’t forget to garnish with a fresh strawberry!
To prep your cocktail, start with the simple syrup. Use a small sauce pot, add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of granulated white sugar over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries and bring mixture to a boil for 2 minutes. I used a fork (a potato masher works fine too) to break apart the berries. Remove from heat and strain into a measuring cup. Place into the refrigerator to chill.
Now, it’s time to make your drink!
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 ounces strawberry simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- One whole strawberry for garnish
- Two ice cubes
- crushed ice
- Prep ahead. You can make the strawberry simple syrup ahead of time. Use a small sauce pot, add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of granulated white sugar over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries and bring mixture to a boil for 2 minutes. I used a fork (a potato masher works fine too) to break apart the berries.
- Remove from heat and strain into a measuring cup. Place into the refrigerator to chill.
- In a cocktail shaker add vodka, orange juice, strawberry simple syrup and two ice cubes.
- Shake mixture for 10 - 15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled glass filled with crushed ice.
- Drizzle with 1/2 ounce of grenadine.
- Garnish with a strawberry.
How do you mix up your orange juice?
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.