Just because Valentine’s Day is only once a year doesn’t mean that the romance has to stop when it’s over. One thing that I have learned after being married three years is that the little things matter. Each and every day I have realized that it isn’t about the over the top grand gestures or the gifts given, it is about those small acts of affection that make love long-lasting. There are many ways to celebrate your love every day, but one of my favorites is through food. Whether it’s by cooking together, sharing a meal on the beach, or traveling somewhere new to try a new kind of cuisine, I feel as if our relationship is made stronger through these everyday experiences.
Something that we do like to do together includes sitting by the fire pit when the weather is nice. It’s not often that we get to enjoy cooler temperatures and start a fire, but when we do, it is one of my favorite ways to spend a date night at home. And, what goes with a warm fire? Ooey gooey s’mores.
I’ve made mint chocolate s’mores before, but strawberry was a new flavor for me. Strawberry and chocolate go together like peanut butter and jelly, so when I saw strawberry marshmallows I knew I had our next firepit treat! I also used chocolate sprinkles, graham crackers, and dark chocolate. S’mores can definitely be a romantic dessert. For real!
- Strawberry Marshmallows
- Dark chocolate
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Sprinkles, optional
- Top a graham cracker with dark chocolate and three marshmallows.
- Add to the microwave for thirty seconds.
- Complete your s’more by adding the other graham cracker half to top your dessert.
- Add sprinkles and enjoy!
- *Or, roast strawberry marshmallows on the fire for a few minutes until gooey.
Sitting fireside and enjoy s’mores is just one way you can spice up your relationship. I recently had the opportunity to have a girlfriend to girlfriend chat with some of my favorite bloggers in a Google Hangout! Not only did I get to “meet” Ravings by Rae, but I was able to connect with Dressing Dallas, Dirty Floor Diaries, and I’m Not the Nanny. We each had different relationship situations and shared what made our relationships spicy!
You can watch the other videos online:
What’s your favorite dessert to share with your partner?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Blackberry Kiwi Cocktail | Fresh Fruit Cocktail Bar - May 26, 2017
- Your Summer Pool Essentials | Pool Travel Printable - May 22, 2017
- How To Find The Right Fabric For Your DIY Project - May 18, 2017