Are you looking for the perfect scary movie to watch on Halloween night? Look no further! We’ve got the fifteen best scary movies to get you into the Halloween spirit. From classics like “The Shining” to modern classics like “The Babadook,” there’s something for everyone on this list. So pop some popcorn, turn off the lights, curl up under a blanket, and get ready to be scared!
- The Shining (1980) – One of the most classic horror movies of all time, “The Shining” tells the story of Jack Torrance (played by Jack Nicholson), a writer who takes a job as the caretaker of an isolated hotel in the Colorado Rockies. While at first it seems like the perfect opportunity to get some peace to work on his writing, it soon becomes clear that there is something very wrong with the hotel. With its iconic images and unforgettable performances, “The Shining” is a must-watch for any horror fan.
- The Babadook (2014) – If you’re looking for a modern take on the horror genre, look no further than “The Babadook.” The movie follows Amelia (played by Essie Davis), a widowed mother who is struggling to raise her young son Samuel (played by Noah Wiseman). When Samuel becomes fixated on a children’s book about a monster called the Babadook, it quickly becomes clear that the line between reality and fantasy is blurring. With its chilling atmosphere and psychological scares, “The Babadook” is sure to keep you up all night.
- Rosemary’s Baby (1968) – Another classic horror film, “Rosemary’s Baby” tells the story of Rosemary Woodhouse (played by Mia Farrow), a young mother-to-be who suspects that her neighbors are part of a Satanic cult that wants to use her baby for their evil purposes. With its suspenseful plot and expertly crafted scares, “Rosemary’s Baby” is a must-see for any fan of horror movies.
- The Blair Witch Project (1999) – One of the most influential horror movies of all time, “The Blair Witch Project” follows three student filmmakers as they venture into the woods near Burkittsville, Maryland in search of the legendary Blair Witch. As they experience strange occurrences and inexplicable events, it soon becomes clear that they are not alone in the woods. With its found footage style and eerie atmosphere, “The Blair Witch Project” is sure to send chills down your spine.
- Halloween (1978) – “Halloween,” one of the most iconic horror movies of all time. The movie follows Michael Myers (played by Nick Castle), a psycho killer who escapes from a mental hospital and returns home to terrorize his hometown of Haddonfield, Illinois on Halloween night. With its gruesome kills and unforgettable soundtrack, “Halloween” is a must-watch for any fan of horror movies.
- The Conjuring (2013). If you’re a fan of horror movies, then you’ve probably already seen “The Conjuring”. However, if you haven’t, now is the perfect time to watch it. Based on a true story, The Conjuring tells the tale of Ed and Lorraine Warren, two paranormal investigators who are called to help a family who is being terrorized by a dark force. While the movie is definitely scary, it’s also incredibly well done and will leave you thinking about it long after the credits have rolled.
- A Quiet Place (2018). “A Quiet Place” is one of the newer entries on this list, but it has definitely earned its place as one of the best scary movies for Halloween. The movie takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where creatures that hunt by sound is stalking humanity. The movie follows a family who has learned to live in silence in order to survive. If you’re looking for a movie that will keep you on the edge of your seat, then this is the one for you. Just be sure to keep the volume down low!
- Hereditary (2018). “Hereditary” is another relatively new movie that has quickly become a horror classic. The movie follows a family who unravels after the death of their grandmother. As they learn more about their ancestry, they realize they may be dealing with something much darker and more dangerous than they ever could have imagined. “Hereditary” is a slow burn of a movie that will keep you guessing until the very end.
- The Exorcist (1973). “The Exorcist” is one of the most iconic horror films of all time. Released in 1973, the film tells the story of a young girl who becomes possessed by a demonic entity. The exorcist was hugely influential in shaping the modern horror genre, and it remains one of the most popular films to watch around Halloween. Despite its age, “The Exorcist” remains one of the most frightening films ever made, thanks to its expert use of suspense and shock. If you’re looking for a truly spine-tingling experience this Halloween, check out “The Exorcist”.
- Get Out (2017). “Get Out” is a 2017 American horror film written and directed by Jordan Peele in his directorial debut. The film stars Daniel Kaluuya as Chris Washington, a young black man who visits the family estate of his white girlfriend, Rose Armitage (Allison Williams), only to find out that her family has a sinister secret. Many have praised the film for its sharp social commentary on race relations in America. “Get Out” is perfect for any Halloween movie marathon. – it’s suspenseful, scary, and thought-provoking all at the same time. So add it to your list!
- It Follows (2014). “It Follows” is a 2014 horror film that has become a cult classic in recent years. The movie follows a group of teens who are being stalked by a supernatural entity that can take the form of anyone it chooses. The teens must destroy the entity before it kills them all. “It Follows” is a well-crafted film that is sure to send chills down your spine. It is perfect for any horror fan, and it is especially ideal for watching around Halloween. So if you’re looking for a good scare, be sure to check out “It Follows”.
- The Cabin in the Woods (2012). “The Cabin in the Woods” is a classic horror film that has become synonymous with Halloween. The movie tells the story of a group of friends who travel to a remote cabin for a vacation, only to find themselves terrorized by an evil force. “The Cabin in the Woods” is renowned for its suspenseful atmosphere and eerie scenes, which have caused it to become a Halloween favorite. Besides its thrills, the movie also offers a clever commentary on the horror genre, making it a must-see for any fan of Halloween.
- Hellhouse LLC (2015). The movie follows a group of people who are visiting a haunted house attraction on Halloween night. However, soon after they enter the house, they realize that something is very wrong. The attractions come to life and the group must fight for their lives. “Hellhouse LLC” is a fun and suspenseful movie that is perfect for Halloween. The film’s clever use of special effects and scares makes it a truly entertaining experience. If you’re looking for a scary movie to watch this Halloween, “Hellhouse LLC” is definitely worth checking out.
- Hellraiser (1987). “Hellraiser” is a horror film that was released in 1987. The film tells the story of a man who is torn apart by demons after he tries to solve a puzzle box. “Hellraiser” was a critical and commercial success, and it spawned a franchise that includes nine sequels. The film is considered one of the best horror films of all time, and other filmmakers often cite it as inspiration. Hellraiser is also notable for its use of practical effects, which helped to create some of the most iconic scenes in the film. If you’re looking for a scare this Halloween, “Hellraiser” is the perfect film for you.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984). “A Nightmare on Elm Street” is one of the most iconic horror films of all time. Released in 1984, the movie tells the story of Freddy Krueger, a burn victim who stalks and kills his victims in their dreams. The movie was an instant hit with audiences, and its success helped to spur a new golden age of horror filmmaking. “A Nightmare on Elm Street” also holds a special place in the hearts of horror fans because it is one of the few mainstream horror movies that is actually scary. In an era when schlocky gore and cheap jump scares are the norm, “A Nightmare on Elm Street” reminds us that sometimes the things that go bump in the night are truly terrifying. As we approach Halloween, there is no better time to revisit this classic film and see why it remains one of the most popular horror movies of all time.
Now that you’ve seen our top 15 horror films for Halloween, it’s time to plan your own scary movie marathon! Whether you like your scares with a side of humor or prefer to be terrified from beginning to end, there’s something on this list for everyone. And of course, don’t forget the candy!
- 6 Important Things To Consider Before Choosing A Doctor - January 28, 2023
- Most Relaxing Destinations You Must Visit At Least Once - January 28, 2023
- Get A Good Night’s Sleep With These Advice - January 28, 2023