Salmon is one of my favorite easy dinners. I love to season it with fresh lemon juice and garlic, and it can be prepared in a hurry on a busy weeknight. Another way that you can enjoy salmon is with a summertime appetizer! As a dip, you can still enjoy the flavor of salmon on your favorite cracker or pita. This simple dish can be prepared in a few minutes, and it requires almost no prep time. You might have many of the ingredients already, and this is SO much better than buying a store-bought fish dip.
To get started with this dip, gather fresh ingredients. You’re going to need corn on the cob, swiss chard stalk, sweet onion, red bell pepper, garlic, green onions, cashews, olive oil, mayonnaise, parmigiano reggiano, and salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to get creative though and add extra spice with cayenne pepper or chili powder.
Roast corn kernels after removing from the cob with unsalted butter.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Let the dip cool in the fridge before serving. You can spread this dish on a cracker, Triscuit, or even use pita bread.
- 2 cups salmon, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet corn off the cob, pan roasted
- 1/2 cup swiss chard stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, sliced
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of toasted cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of EVOO
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Prep. Pan roast corn kernels removed from cob with 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add chilled chopped salmon, corn, swiss chard stalks, onion, red bell pepper, garlic and green onion. Mix well.
- Add EVOO, mayonnaise, grated Parmigiano Reggiano and toasted cashews. mix thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in refrigerator to chill.
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- When You Need to Switch Dog Food - September 22, 2017
- How to Organize Your Garage | Essentials For Lawn Maintenance - September 22, 2017
- How to Succeed at School - September 22, 2017