This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions expressed are my own.
Breakfast is my favorite meal. I try to never skip my first meal of the day, and I am constantly trying new things to spice up traditional breakfast recipes. Sometimes it is as simple as adding new spices or fresh vegetables to turn breakfast into something much more. There is a local restaurant that serves breakfast bowls, and I crave them when I wake up. However, I can’t always enjoy brunch out. To have better control of my budget and the ingredients in the food that I eat, I wanted to re-create a local favorite with my own flair. Fresh From Florida’s available seasonal produce, like these peppers, assisted to add extra flavor to this dish. We cook often with bell peppers and use them in everything from salads to pasta.
Living in Florida makes it easy for me to access fresh ingredients, and I look forward to my weekly grocery trip to find out what is in season and available in the produce section. I love knowing that I am supporting the local farmers and using what is available for our community. To get started with this breakfast recipe, I prepared a few simple ingredients.
I used tater tots, freshly baked, to make a layer in each bowl. Use parsley, peppers, and salt and pepper to season.
Cheddar cheese melted effortlessly on top, and we used a fried egg to finish out this meal. Use diced peppers in your egg as well!
A hearty yet easy breakfast dish that everyone in your family will love!
- 1 package of tater tots
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
- 2 bell peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare tater tots according to package instructions.
- While the tater tots are cooking, prepare an egg in a small skillet on medium heat.
- Season egg with salt and pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of diced peppers for added flavor.
- When the tater tots are done, add a layer to a bowl.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Add the cooked fried egg atop the tater tots and cheese.
- Top with diced peppers, parsley to taste, and salt and pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 216mgSodium: 612mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 16g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
If you love Fresh From Florida bell peppers, you will also enjoy squash and sweet corn. All three items are in season in Florida right now! Look for food, produce, seafood, and especially bell peppers labeled Fresh From Florida.
Look for Fresh From Florida online and check out their Fresh! recipe videos!
How do you cook with bell peppers?
- Easy Breakfast Idea: Alaska Salmon Cream Cheese Recipe
- Breakfast Bruschetta Bites: Breakfast Avocado Toast Recipe
Free Meal Plan Ideas
Looking for an easy free meal plan?! I have you covered. Here’s a sample of what meal plans you can expect if your sign up for my email list.
- Monday: Cheesy Chicken Sliders
- Tuesday: Ahi Tuna Ceviche
- Wednesday: Beef Kabob Bowls
- Thursday: English Muffin Pizzas
- Friday: Salsa Chicken Quesadillas
- Snacks: Trail Mix Energy Balls
- Other ideas: Make a red potatoes recipe or try a fresh recipe with peaches.