If you’re looking to set the mood this Valentine’s Day, you’re going to need to check out these ideas! I’ve teamed up with a few of my favorite bloggers to bring you Dinner for Two: a link up celebrating every step of Valentine’s Day dinner! My contribution to the menu? Why, of course, it’s a cocktail!
It’s strawberry season here in Florida, and there is no better way to enjoy a fresh strawberry than in a drink. While I do love a good strawberry smoothie, a splash of rum can totally make my weekend. I’ve been experimenting with cocktails lately, and here is one to try.
I used Cherry 7UP, fresh strawberries, and white rum to make this very berry cocktail. If you need a romantic drink for a happy hearts day (or even a fun drink for strawberry season and SPRING!), give this one a try.
- 4 oz White Rum
- 1 bag of frozen berries
- Cherry 7UP
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- In a blender, puree frozen strawberries and berries. I used a handful (about 10-12 berries) for this step.
- Add a shot of white rum to a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Top with Cherry 7UP.
- Stir in the half of the pureed berries. I also added a frozen strawberry or two to keep my drink extra cold!
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry.
- *Use the left over puree to make another drink!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 26gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Top off your cocktail with a fresh berry mix! The pureed fruit was an extra special treat since they were frozen to start with. The frozen fruit keeps your drink cool, and they look pretty too.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy a strawberry?
Valentine’s Day Cocktails
- 20+ Valentine’s Day Cocktails to Share
- RumChata Cocktail Sundae
- Valentine’s Day RumChata Cocktail Recipe: RumChata Cocktails
- Cotton Candy Vodka Cocktail: Ice Cream Cocktail Shake - July 30, 2020
- Travel Safety Tips - July 30, 2020
- Birthday In Lockdown? These Tips Can Ensure Success! - July 27, 2020