So, is it fall yet? Fall means football, pumpkin spice everything, cooler weather, and TAILGATING! Perhaps my favorite part about fall is weekends at a college football game and grilling out with my favorite foods. When we prepare for a tailgate, we create a variety of recipes so that there is something for all of our guests. Black bean burgers are a crowd favorite that everyone can enjoy!
Spicy black bean burgers are a fun way to add spice to your tailgate, and you can serve them up “low carb” with romaine lettuce leaves. Keep reading for the recipe and how to host a simple tailgate with your favorite flavors!
The MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger Value Pack (America’s #1 Veggie Burger!) is a no brainer since it has EIGHT veggie burgers inside each package. It’s a low price for so much food! We also scored the MorningStar Farms® Veggie Dogs which are easy to grill and dress up with your favorite toppings. MorningStar Farms® products are not only for vegetarians – they are for everyone! Eat meatless once a week adds variety to our weekly meal plan, so I try to opt for these items in a pinch!
The convenience and “as is” meal solution makes it simple for busy days, and the possibilities are ENDLESS! Since I love Mexican-inspired dishes, I wanted to create a “low carb” version of my favorite tacos! Using a black bean burger, pico de gallo, fresh avocado, and romaine lettuce, this easy to create meal idea is vegetarian and a fun way to mix it up this tailgate season!
- 1 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Fresh pico de gallo (chop up 1 large tomato, onion, 1 cup of cilantro, lime juice to taste)
- 1 avocado sliced
- Large romaine lettuce leaves
- Prepare black bean burgers according to package instructions.
- Top with pico de gallo and avocado slices.
- Serve on large romaine lettuce leaves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 32gSugar: 21gProtein: 25g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Veggie cuisine can be a lot of fun. What’s your favorite way to enjoy MorningStar Farms®?
Meatless Recipe Ideas:
Free Printable Meal Plan
Looking for easy meal plans? When you sign up for my email list, you receive access to weekly meal plans including cocktails and desserts. Here’s a quick sample!
- Monday: Greek Nachos
- Tuesday: Meatless Chorizo Nachos
- Wednesday: Vegan Avocado Ceviche
- Thursday: Sloppy Joe Quesadillas
- Friday: Naan Pizza night!
- Bonus: Try rainbow cupcakes for a dessert or an apple cobbler from the slow cooker.
- Traveling The World In 2020? Here’s What You Need To Know - August 5, 2020
- Cotton Candy Vodka Cocktail: Ice Cream Cocktail Shake - July 30, 2020
- Travel Safety Tips Post Pandemic - July 30, 2020