Southwestern Kale Shrimp Salad
Salads are easy to make for lunch, but they can be time-consuming if you like yours loaded up with healthy ingredients. I like to prepare lunches for the week using salad kits that make it easy, and I marinade protein in a variety of spices for an extra kick! My salad combinations are the highlight of my week! Sometimes it’s salmon and spinach or steak on romaine. For this week’s easy lunch salad, I used Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits paired with a creamy dressing and cilantro shrimp.
Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits come in five flavors including high-quality ingredients with flavorful dressings and vinaigrettes. Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits can be turned into appetizers, entrées, side dishes, and much more. It’s easy to meal plan when you know you already have a flavorful (and healthy!) side dish or complement to your main dinner entrée.
To create your own unique salad dish, combine your favorite healthy toppings and select a theme. For my recipe today, I wanted to use cilantro shrimp atop a bed of kale, broccoli, cabbage, chicory and roasted sunflower seeds. I also added in a few other toppings like cheddar cheese, tortilla strips (or you could use croutons!), and corn.
To prepare your dish, marinade one pound of shrimp in two tablespoons of olive oil and homemade taco seasoning. Make your own seasoning with chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, and salt and pepper. I also toss in fresh cilantro for extra flavor.
Once your shrimp have marinaded for about an hour in the fridge, you can use a skillet set to medium to quickly your shrimp until opaque. Prepare your salad by using Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits.
Southwestern Kale Shrimp Salad
A delicious kale salad with shrimp!
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 ts. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Eat Smart Vegetable Gourmet Salad Kit (try Sunflower Kale)
- Marinade shrimp in chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, cilantro, and olive oil.
- After an hour, toss shrimp in a medium skillet and cook until opaque.
- Serve atop an Eat Smart Vegetable Gourmet Salad Kit or your favorite combination of greens.
- For extra toppings, try shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla strips or croutons, corn, and sunflower seeds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 479mgSodium: 2304mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 55g
The nutritional information here is an estimate. While I try to provide accurate information via Nutritionix, this information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that it will be completely accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and any information sunnysweetdays.com should only be used as a general guideline.
What are your favorite salad toppings? See how Take Time for Style creates a fast salmon salad recipe in 15 minutes!
Salad Recipe Ideas:
- 4 Facts You Didn’t Know About Red Light Therapy - March 18, 2023
- The Top 4 Strategies for Training and Managing Your Dog’s Behavior - March 18, 2023
- These 5 Factors Can Influence Compensation in Truck Accidents - March 18, 2023